Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bru20
Level 8

Last active shows 2015 for the Roku I use daily

Still trying to figure out why I get no emails from Roku despite registering my email almost three years ago.  CS has been useless, you'd think with one click they would make sure I get their newsletter or whatever, but no.

When I look at My account>My linked devices  I see my Roku and that it was linked in 2015.  "Last active" shows the exact same date in 2015.  I use my Roku daily, why hasn't the "Last active" been updated?  
0 Kudos
11 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Last active shows 2015 for the Roku I use daily

"bru20" wrote:
When I look at My account>My linked devices  I see my Roku and that it was linked in 2015.  "Last active" shows the exact same date in 2015.  I use my Roku daily, why hasn't the "Last active" been updated?  

Someone else pointed out that bug. My active and linked date are the same as well for all mine. Roku says it's a known issue.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
bru20
Level 8

"trekkeriii" wrote:
"bru20" wrote:

Someone else pointed out that bug. My active and linked date are the same as well for all mine. Roku says it's a known issue.

Ok, thanks.  Probably should have searched first. 

Was hoping it was somehow contributing to my not getting any communication emails.  If anyone has any input on that I'd appreciate it but like I said I've tried everything to no avail.  Most companies want to send you communications, apparently not Roku.  Missing the occasional freebies is annoying and when I contact them about it they always say they don't send emails to everyone, which I know is not true.  Unless there's something wrong with how your account is registered.
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

"bru20" wrote:
"trekkeriii" wrote:
"bru20" wrote:

Ok, thanks.  Probably should have searched first. 

Was hoping it was somehow contributing to my not getting any communication emails.  If anyone has any input on that I'd appreciate it but like I said I've tried everything to no avail.  Most companies want to send you communications, apparently not Roku.  Missing the occasional freebies is annoying and when I contact them about it they always say they don't send emails to everyone, which I know is not true.  Unless there's something wrong with how your account is registered.

I rarely get emails from Roku. I haven't seen a promotional email in the last year or so. I got one about Roku OS 8.0 in December, but it was probably only sent to those who signed up for the developer program (I tinkered with a Roku Channel). Never have I gotten a Newsletter. I had Roku before there was a Channel Store. Signed up for account on here when they opened it.
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 7

I'd bet if you made a new account with another email address, you'd start getting messages. Doesn't sound like a bug related to your hardware, just your account. 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I do get emails from Roku, but mostly they are just advertising new movies on the Roku Channel or occasionally about new channels available. It's been quite some time since I received any sort of offer. As a Roku 4 owner I never received the email offering a discount for the Ultra, but after I called them they sent me the offer. I only knew about if from postings here.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 7

Looking at my archive, I got an offer on 12/17/17 titled "Perfect! It's finally happening: Save up to $20 on our top streaming players". Otherwise, I get a few emails a month from Roku, usually about new channels or other features. I got one yesterday, one on January 1, and a bunch in December. 
0 Kudos
bru20
Level 8

I get zero emails despite adding my email on their site, talking to customer service, etc.  

And big hint, the email you just got most likely had something in it that it sounds like some of you missed.  Why do you think I'm not happy I didn't get it?
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 7

"bru20" wrote:
I get zero emails despite adding my email on their site, talking to customer service, etc.  

And big hint, the email you just got most likely had something in it that it sounds like some of you missed.  Why do you think I'm not happy I didn't get it?

Have you tried making a new account and linking your Roku(s) to that one? It doesn't sound like your issue will be fixed, so that might be the easy way going forward. 
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

"bru20" wrote:

At this point, you might want to contact your email provider or get another email address to verify the email provider itself is not blocking Roku. Just found out AOL/Verzion was blocking my workplace's domain. Just a thought.
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos