Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wizzidy
Level 7

Just found out Roku has been charging my account for like 5 months.. I DONT EVEN HAVE ROKU!

I would like a representative to email me [personal information removed]... recently I looked at my account and noticed roku has been taking 15 dollar withdrawals from my account monthly and I am pretty angry about it... so I try to call the number, its a machine that tells me to go to the support website, support website tells me to make an account, made an account, support wont let me ask a question about a charge because the account I just made has no charges on it... Like what the actual **bleep** is this company run by gorillas?! I am going to bank dispute the charges but lord help me if I don't hear from an actual representative that can deny access to my bank account for future charges... a complaint with the BBB is the least you have to worry about.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LinLars5
Level 7

Re: Just found out Roku has been charging my account for like 5 months.. I DONT EVEN HAVE ROKU!

The only thing i can suspect is someone in your household downloaded the Roku App on a Smart TV or Phone or you somehow subscribed to the Roku Channel/APP.  I have a Roku Smart TV & i get Roku Channel but it costs $ for certain Series or movies thru other streaming channels like HBO, STARZ etc.

0 Kudos
Wizzidy
Level 7

Re: Just found out Roku has been charging my account for like 5 months.. I DONT EVEN HAVE ROKU!

I actually have no devices that would be a roku... I don't even have a TV and I live alone. It is fraudulent and I have to go through my bank to shut it down but in order to prevent it further I have to contact roku but their customer support is trash can, they wont even let you make a ticket if you dont have a charge on your account, but I dont have any charges on my roku account to dispute because before attempting to contact roku I didnt even have an account, and the number they print on my bank statement is just an answering machine sending you to the support... it is by far the most irresponsible company practice I have encountered to date.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

Any scammer worth his salt that somehow gets hold of your account information can hit you with bogus charges and call them anything they like.  Your credit card authority, most likely your bank, can trace the charge back and determine who the charging party actually was.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos