Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harvick_4
Level 7

Is this a Scammer?

Jump to solution

I received this text and they keep calling my phone 

Hi larry this is paul from roku billing team please call me back to renew your streaming services on 3235225722

please help

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Is this a Scammer?

Jump to solution

Yes its a scam.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Is this a Scammer?

Jump to solution

Yes its a scam.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PianomanDave
Level 7

Is this legit!

Jump to solution

What is this??

Dear Roku Customer:
This is from the billing department and we are writing to inform you that your Roku services are about to expire. so kindly renew the services as soon as possible to avoid interruption. Feel free to reply or contact us on Roku Billing : 1-855-468-4264 or 1-608-960-4365 and ask for ROBERT. Thank you for being a Roku customer. Happy Streaming.
Sincerely,
Roku Billing Department

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is this legit!

Jump to solution

NO!!!!!!!! That is a scam. Roku does not charge for use of your device, there's nothing to expire. Also, Roku does not have a toll-free phone number, so that's always a dead giveaway. The 608-960 phone number comes back as Madison Wisconsin, while Roku is located in California. 

Do not call them, or respond in any way. They either sent you a blind email, hoping you had a Roku device, or somewhere in the dark web they know you own a Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
1Lana-
Level 7

Jump to solution

I got a text first from South Carolina then a phone call from Canada saying I have to pay 50 dollars or my service will end on December 10 I told this person items a scam and he got loud with me so I hung up the phone 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

THAT IS A SCAM!  NO REPUTABLE COMPANY WOULD EVER TEXT YOU ASKING FOR A PAYMENT!  Roku is free to use.  If you paid someone to activate your device or you're paying someone just to use your Roku it isn't Roku and you're getting ripped off.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.