Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Is there any regional restriction on this service?

Jump to solution

Is there any regional restriction on this service?

I'm in Asia, Taiwan.

if I order the Roku, can I watch all the service on Roku?

for example, HBO Max, they not service in Asia yet, May I watch it through Roku?

#HBO Max

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is there any regional restriction on this service?

Jump to solution

@Agatha45a 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @renojim mentioned, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 21

Jump to solution

In short, there are lots of region restrictions.  First, a service has to be available in your region and then that provider has to make it available via Roku.  So it's possible for something to be available via an app on another device or via a web page and it still not be available via Roku.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Agatha45a 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @renojim mentioned, channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos