Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Is my Roku Acct free?

This is my very first smart TV and I am not very knowledge about how my smart phone app & my smart Tv can work together?... because I just purchased my Phillips Roku tv... am I going to be charged monthly for the Roku streaming service?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 16

Re: Is my Roku Acct free?

There is no monthly charge for a Roku account, nor to register or set up a Roku device or television. There are lots of scammers who try to charge you for such services, so beware.

You can install and view any of the free channels with no charge whatsoever, although for virtually all of the free ones you'll be subjected to unskippable ads, maybe a ton of them. Roku has its own free "Roku Channel" with access to programming from many sources, most or all ad-supported.

There are also many Cable-type channels that you can get as long as you are paying for them via a cable/satellite/whatever subscription that carries them.

Then there are others you can pay to subscribe to directly for a fee, either directly thru their websites or through Roku as an add-on to the Roku Channel.

Your Roku account will want you to provide a payment method for any movie rentals or additional subscriptions you want to set up through Roku.  I use Paypal to avoid giving out my credit card to yet another vendor.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos