Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sejal_k
Level 7

Is YouTube TV free on Roku? Monthly Roku Fee?

Jump to solution

Hi! If I just got a Roku and have a YouTube Tv Subscription, will I be charged the monthly fee of YouTube Tv plus 30 a month on Roku? Or can I download YouTube TV on my Roku and only be charged the price I pay for YouTube TV? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Is YouTube TV free on Roku? Monthly Roku Fee?

Jump to solution

There is NO monthly charge for merely using a Roku.  If you purchase a paid subscription to a premium channel THROUGH ROKU, you will then pay the subscription fee through Roku.  If you purchase a subscription directly with the channel on the channel's web page, then you will pay directly to the channel, not through Roku.

When setting up your Roku and linking it to a Roku account, if you are asked to pay a connection fee or offered some deal on support, multi-year signup, etc., you've reached a scammer's site.  Do NOT give them any payment information and back out quick.

Oh, and as to your original question, NO, YouTube TV is not free on Roku, in that you can't view YouTube TV unless you have a paid YouTube TV account.  If you have a paid YouTube TV account directly with YouTube, you can view it on Roku without paying additional fees.  Download the YouTube TV Roku app to your Roku, and when you first set it up, log connect it to your existing YouTube TV account.  Note that a YouTube TV account obtained through some other third party (Prime Video, Sling, etc.) will most likely only be viewable via that third party.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Is YouTube TV free on Roku? Monthly Roku Fee?

Jump to solution

There is NO monthly charge for merely using a Roku.  If you purchase a paid subscription to a premium channel THROUGH ROKU, you will then pay the subscription fee through Roku.  If you purchase a subscription directly with the channel on the channel's web page, then you will pay directly to the channel, not through Roku.

When setting up your Roku and linking it to a Roku account, if you are asked to pay a connection fee or offered some deal on support, multi-year signup, etc., you've reached a scammer's site.  Do NOT give them any payment information and back out quick.

Oh, and as to your original question, NO, YouTube TV is not free on Roku, in that you can't view YouTube TV unless you have a paid YouTube TV account.  If you have a paid YouTube TV account directly with YouTube, you can view it on Roku without paying additional fees.  Download the YouTube TV Roku app to your Roku, and when you first set it up, log connect it to your existing YouTube TV account.  Note that a YouTube TV account obtained through some other third party (Prime Video, Sling, etc.) will most likely only be viewable via that third party.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos