Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Immediately after talking to Roku support, someone attempted to hack my email account.

It startled me.  I was frankly startled to find out I had to pay $50.00 to enable the television I had just purchased to begin with, and wondered whether I had been phished.  I changed all my passwords just to be sure.

Then today, I get repeated calls at work that I finally answered when I had a chance.  And someone purporting to be from Roku wanted me to sign into a web page in order to get a refund because supposedly I was charged in error. I told the person who called that I wasn't going to do that, and he claimed Roku would send me a paper check, but I had to get a phone call from Roku first - at some point.

The whole thing smells. I don't know if any of this was legitimate but it felt completely illegitimate.  Who do I speak to to find out whether this was all above board?  It doesn't feel that way.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Immediately after talking to Roku support, someone attempted to hack my email account.

Did you pay?  If so, YOU WERE SCAMMED!

0 Kudos