Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I think i bought a stolen Roku

I already had one Roku and recently bought another off of Facebook Marketplace. When I got home I noticed that the cords work ones that actually came with the product. It didn't seem like a big deal but the more I thought about it the more worried I became that this was not actually Theirs to sell. The email from the old account is still on there and I'm tempted to email them and ask if they are missing a Roku. Is that a bad idea? What else should I do

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: I think i bought a stolen Roku

It's not necessarily stolen.  It's possible that the email address you see is from the person you bought the Roku from.  Go ahead and email them and ask, but they probably just got rid of it on their own.  You'll want to do a factory reset (Settings->System-Advanced system settings->Factory reset) and link it to your account.   When you do, DO NOT fall for one of the scams out there that claim you have to pay to link your Roku.  Roku setup/linking is free and anyone who says otherwise is a criminal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: I think i bought a stolen Roku

I give you kudos for caring.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Pre owned roku

I bought a roku from Walmart out of box apparently been returned I didnt know that then but now it has someone else's email address and account info and I dont no how to remove it so I can enter my roku account info, add channels and control my roku app account for this device. Help I have already factory reset the device and no luck with that. Thanks in advanced#@

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pre owned roku

@Kristimarieb76 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of your device for 30 seconds. Please make sure to hold down the button regardless of what is showing on the screen.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Pre owned roku

And when doing a factory reset the roku has to be powered on, and press the reset button for longer then 30 seconds. If it still has another person's email it wasn't reset properly. 

Edmund
0 Kudos