Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wallace57
Reel Rookie

I never signed up for a subscription

I don’t have the password to the email or to the roku account liked with my card. I never signed up for anything that was gonna charge me 20 big ones on the “roku Channel”….. 🤷‍♀️ I factory rest my roku before removing my Card from the account that I couldn’t get into in the first place. I just want to stop being charged for something I never even signed up for 😭

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10

Re: I never signed up for a subscription

This what I’m going thru now how y’all taking people money and it’s not even a chance of getting a refund they just took 120 dollars from me for 4 channels I never even signed up for 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

You need to log into your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and look for any subscriptions. If you can't get logged into the web site (it should use the same email address and password you use for this forum). There's a good chance there's nothing there. Thieves have lists of stolen credit card numbers and they make bogus charges against the card. If that's the case, it isn't Roku billing you, regardless of what the card statement says. The thieves are using the Roku name in hopes you'll simply ignore the charge and pay it.

If there is a subscription listed there, you can cancel it right there on the web page. You can also remove your credit card from your account, which will ensure no legitimate charges from Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Natan-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hey @ Wallace57.

We see that you're having issues with some unrecognized charges on your account. No worries, let's dig into this.

We'll PM you shortly to collect more information.

0 Kudos
Wallace57
Reel Rookie

I have no way to access that account or subscriptions. The email is not mine it was my dads from a long time ago and there is no way to access the email because we don’t know the password to the email or the roku account. I just ended up creating a new account (this one) and going through pay pal to unhook the automatic payment that was linked to the old account. I hope that works. 

0 Kudos
Wallace57
Reel Rookie

I read somewhere that if you remove your card or paypal in the payment section of your roku it might help stop people from having access to it and charging you for random stuff. I had my roku account linked to my pay pal. I went through the pay pal app to stop having the automatic payments going through for subscriptions I didn’t make. It stopped all payments from roku. If your roku is linked to your card or bank maybe you can call your bank and have them stop any automatic payments coming from “roku.ink”. Hope that will help!! That’s way too much money to just let slide 

0 Kudos
Ryan343
Reel Rookie

I need help! Getting charged $20 for the last 3 months for an app never downloaded & my husbands card has been taken off for a while now because of this happening & still getting charged for it! Please someone help. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Ryan343 see the previous posts. Look under your Roku user account (https://my.roku.com) and see if any subscriptions are listed there. If they are, you can cancel them there. If there's nothing there, then you are not being billed by Roku, regardless of what name is listed on your credit card statement. It's explained in more detail in other posts. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ryan343, we're here to help! Like @atc98092 mentioned you can always go to https://my.roku.com, to check your active subscriptions. To make sure that all bases are covered on this, we'll be reaching out to you through direct message here on The Roku Community. Please keep an eye out in your inbox and let us know if you aren't able to find our message. 

0 Kudos

Me too!  And Roku has no place to fix this,  scam artists. 

0 Kudos