Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I got charge for a app i didnt want

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Subscription purchased on accident

My toddler purchased ESPN+ on accident. We did not put in a code to confirm the subscription and we were immediately charged. Can we be reimbursed for this, we canceled within 30 minutes of realizing and it’s clear we never watched it. 

Also how do you set up settings so you have to confirm with a code or password prior to purchasing? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Subscription purchased on accident

@Boops wrote:

Also how do you set up settings so you have to confirm with a code or password prior to purchasing? 

You can log onto your account on my.roku.com, go to https://my.roku.com/account/pin, and set (or change) a PIN. You can also choose from several options as to what actions will require the entry of the PIN.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: I got charge for a app i didnt wanna i want the money back in my account

I have the same problem I order and cancelled the same day during 7 days free trial, and 7 days later , I got a charge on my credit card , from FUBO TV , the add didn’t work in Canadá, i have proof of buy and cancelling a few minutes later, on the same day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku's Payment Request Declined

Hello,

I have long subscribed to various channels on Roku and used a prepaid Visa to pay for them. But suddenly, Roku has informed me that "the bank associated with your credit card declined Roku's payment request". Although the former prepaid card was still valid and had enough money on it for the payment, I have already updated the payment info with a brand new prepaid card, and I have received the same message from Roku.

Has Roku suddenly stopped accepting prepaid cards? That would be strange, perhaps there is some other issue here?

Thanks,

Sheridan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I got charge for a app i didnt want

@Misscav03 @Boops @Fabivgg @sheridanp 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos