Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thidaraye

I do not want my subscription anymore and do not want to pay monthly charges

I bought Roku stick from Amazon in 2019. I subscribed using my bank card.  I forget to cancel subscription after using it for 3 or 4 months.  Its been almost 3 years charges were deducted from my account.  I request bank to stop payment.  But, it was not successful,  I was charged 17.89 monthly while trying to stop payment. I want to cancel my subscription and stop payment to ROKU for service I never use for past 3 years.  I have problem login to ROKU ac because, my email register with ROKU was blocked and couldn't recover.   HELP ME PLEASE.   

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I do not want my subscription anymore and do not want to pay monthly charges

@Hector-Rokuor @Natan-Roku should be able to help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy

Re: I do not want my subscription anymore and do not want to pay monthly charges

Every streaming channel subscription which I have ever seen, either through a third party like Roku or directly with the channel, is nonrefundable. You are subscribing for a specified pre-paid subscription period (either a paid period or a free trial) and it auto renews at the current prevailing rate when that period runs out. To prevent from auto renewing you must cancel before the current subscription period expires. If you unsubscribe after a subscription has renewed it prevents the NEXT auto-renewal, but the current pre-paid subscription stays in force until the balance of the pre-paid period expires. (Few, if any, cancel immediately and give prorated refunds for the unused portion of the subscription period.)  If you don't unsubscribe, the charges go on forever. These conditions are explained on screen and must be accepted when subscribing (you know, all that stuff most of us don't bother to read at the time).

Once your subscription has begun your options are to let it run its course unwatched, or to use it and enjoy it until it runs out. And, of course, to cancel it BEFORE your current subscription period runs out so it doesn't renew again.

For subscriptions you made and are paying for THROUGH ROKU, you can unsubscribe in two ways:

• If you still have an active Roku, highlight the channel in the channel grid and press the * key on your Roku remote.  Click on "Manage subscriptions" and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel.

[NOTE: if instead of "Manage subscriptions" you see "Remove channel", this means you don't have a subscription via this Roku account to this streaming service.  You'll need to cancel directly with the streaming service, or whichever other third party or additional Roku account you subscribed through.]

Some channels may also give you the option to unsubscribe from within their channel app.  There is no standard for this, so you'll just have to explore.

• Log into your Roku account at http://my.roku.com/subscriptions, using the email address associated with this account.  (With a working Roku, you can verify this address via Roku menu path Settings > System > About). Once logged in you can cancel any subscriptions you've obtained through Roku there.

Note that when logging in at this point your email address is just a login name.  You can log in with it even if the actual email address is no longer valid, as long as you know the correct password.  If you cannot retrieve email from the email address associated with the Roku account, you cannot use the "Forgot password" utility.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @thidaraye, we see you're having issues receiving charges that you want to stop. Thank you for clarifying what you're experiencing for us! The tips left by @makaiguy, are a good place to start. But just in case you're still running into problems, we'll reach out to you through a direct message here on The Roku Community. Go ahead and respond to our message if you need further assistance.

mnuser

I have gone out to my roku account repeatedly and the charges that are appearing on my checking account don't appear there.   I had to have my credit card company block the charges to discontinue the billing.  Incredibly frustrating.  I want all subscriptions cancelled.   

0 Kudos
renojim

@mnuser, Roku doesn't charge checking accounts - it's either a credit card or Paypal.  You are almost certainly being scammed.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @mnuser, we appreciate you explaining this to us and can see how it would be frustrating. We're here to help! Since we will need to cover some of your account details to check on your billing, we'll be reaching out to you through direct message here on The Roku Community. Please keep an eye on your inbox for us to look into this for you.