Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Account suspend

Jump to solution

Update your payment method at https://my.roku.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So I've been trying to add Netflix to my Roku tv which I just got. And it says "Account suspended". Idk what's wrong with it but its gettin annoying. I think I'll just go and return this thing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Netflix

Jump to solution

@Guillen 

There are two possible accounts in play here, and from your message it's impossible to tell which is involved with the problem.

Did you set up an account for yourself at roku.com?

Can you log into your account at netflix.com? Is your subscription active and paid up?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: I am getting account suspended while trying to load channels on a new tv and roku devise.

Jump to solution

what if you don't want to add a credit card to your account?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Guillen 

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue that you are experiencing.

We would recommend to try logging into my.roku.com and updating the payment method on your Roku account to ensure it is current.  

Once you update your payment method, try restarting your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart (or from Settings>System>Power>System restart on a Roku TV). Then, try to add the channel once more.

Does this resolve the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

When trying to add Fox News App I get error message "Account suspended"

Jump to solution

I just got my second Roku Device (Stick+) and when I try to add the CBS or Fox News App I get an error message "Account suspended".

On my other Roku Device (Roku Ultra) I was able to add both apps without any problem.

Any idea what is wrong here ?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: When trying to add Fox News App I get error message "Account suspended"

Jump to solution
Are all your devices connected to the same Roku account? You can see the account name (which is the email address used when it was created) via Settings > System > About
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: When trying to add Fox News App I get error message "Account suspended"

Jump to solution

@ONBONN 

Thanks for the post.

Try logging into my.roku.com and updating the payment method on your Roku account to ensure it is current.  

Once you update your payment method, try restarting your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart (or from Settings>System>Power>System restart on a Roku TV). Then, try to add the channel once more.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: I am getting account suspended while trying to load channels on a new tv and roku devise.

Jump to solution

Why must you update your payment method just to add free channels or even add the Roku Media Player? Since they don't cost anything, they have nothing to do with the payment method. Telling me I won't be charged is not a reason to require the payment information. In fact, it's a reason NOT to require the payment information.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Why do I need to add a payment method to add free channels?

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Guillen 

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue that you are experiencing.

We would recommend to try logging into my.roku.com and updating the payment method on your Roku account to ensure it is current.  

Does this resolve the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos