Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I am getting account suspended while trying to load channels on a new tv and roku devise.

Jump to solution
What can I do to fix this problem?
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: I am getting account suspended while trying to load channels on a new tv and roku devise.

Jump to solution

@steeller @jpmi @bolo1428 Thanks for reaching out here. 

To help troubleshoot the issue further, try logging into my.roku.com and updating the payment method on your Roku account to ensure it is current.  

Once you update your payment method, try restarting your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart (or from Settings>System>Power>System restart on a Roku TV). Then, try to add the channel once more. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Netflix

Jump to solution

@Guillen 

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue that you are experiencing.

We would recommend to try logging into my.roku.com and updating the payment method on your Roku account to ensure it is current.  

Once you update your payment method, try restarting your Roku device from Settings>System>System restart (or from Settings>System>Power>System restart on a Roku TV). Then, try to add the channel once more.

Does this resolve the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
48 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I am getting account suspended while trying to load channels on a new tv and roku devise.

Jump to solution

[post moved to appropriate board]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Level 7

Why do I get account suspended notification while trying to add a free channel or app?

Jump to solution

Why do I get account suspended notification while trying to add a free channel or app?

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Why do I get account suspended notification while trying to add a free channel or app?

Jump to solution

@ShanMan 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Can you please elaborate on the the situation that you are seeing? Can you provide a picture of the notification that you are receiving? What channels are you trying to add when this occurs?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Why do I get account suspended notification while trying to add a free channel or app?

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue. Recently purchased a Sharp Roku TV. I'm guessing this is from a new software/firmware update during setup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I figured it out. It's because I decided to Skip Entering My Payment Information during setup. Might want to address that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am getting the exact same “account suspended” message when trying to add any channels, even FREE channels. I’ve spent too much time on the phone with Roku support and they can’t or won’t help me. I was promised a link would be emailed to me that would help fix the problem. I never received a link. I’ve emailed Roku support and only get automated replies that my inquiry is being looked into. I even received a reply from Roku stating that my issue is resolved. It is NOT resolved. I need help!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@SyngerGyrl 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Added Roku soundbar now getting message account suspended can't add channels any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi new user and new product(tv) but having trouble adding channels due to account being suspended......pls assist.

0 Kudos