Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carnie71

I am being billed by Roku and HULU for about 8 mos. Roku site wont allow my email to be sent.

Jump to solution

I did a HULU trial subscription 2021.  I attached a roku player later. Later I started to notice that I was being charged by both HULU and ROKU.  I assume that I  must have done something wrong when setting up the Roku.  I have spent a couple of hours today first finding and resetting and trying to get my email sent via my roku.com.  I click and selectmy issue, but the site will not send it .   How can I get my refund for about 8 months plus or minus re HULU?    Streaming and filling out the blanks is something new to me.   I am beginning to think that everything on the sited is computer generated and that there are not humans. Thank keeping an eye on things. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: I am being billed by Roku and HULU for about 8 mos. Roku site wont allow my email to be sent.

Jump to solution

If you subscribed to something from two different sources, then each one is only going to know about the subscription through them.  So, pick the one you don't want and use their options to cancel it. (Keep in mind, that while third-party subs like roku and firestick are very convenient, they almost always work on that brand of device only, so this would be a consideration if you want to watch on multiple kinds of devices.)

If you want to cancel Roku subscription, log into your Roku account and manage your subscriptions or select the channel and press * on the Roku.  I'm not sure if both methods work for all channels or you just need to experiment with which option is available in your situation.  If you want to cancel the direct subscription with the content provider, then you use whatever means they supply – most likely starting with logging into their website using the same credentials that you used when you opened that subscription.  (And don’t mix up your Roku credentials with some channel's account credentials as they know nothing about each other.)

As mentioned on the Roku site and this forum, their subscriptions are non-refundable, but of course they are cancellable going forward.  (Other third-party subscription terms seem to be the same.)

Depending on which account you decide to cancel and which streaming devices are logged in which way, you may need to adjust some or all devices to the one account that remains.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: I am being billed by Roku and HULU for about 8 mos. Roku site wont allow my email to be sent.

Jump to solution

Hey @Carnie71

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NazRozon

Jump to solution

I am the in the same situation. Being billed for HOTSTAR and Roku for the same subscription. I called customer care and they basically said they have one payment only. Not sure what to do.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you subscribed to something from two different sources, then each one is only going to know about the subscription through them.  So, pick the one you don't want and use their options to cancel it. (Keep in mind, that while third-party subs like roku and firestick are very convenient, they almost always work on that brand of device only, so this would be a consideration if you want to watch on multiple kinds of devices.)

If you want to cancel Roku subscription, log into your Roku account and manage your subscriptions or select the channel and press * on the Roku.  I'm not sure if both methods work for all channels or you just need to experiment with which option is available in your situation.  If you want to cancel the direct subscription with the content provider, then you use whatever means they supply – most likely starting with logging into their website using the same credentials that you used when you opened that subscription.  (And don’t mix up your Roku credentials with some channel's account credentials as they know nothing about each other.)

As mentioned on the Roku site and this forum, their subscriptions are non-refundable, but of course they are cancellable going forward.  (Other third-party subscription terms seem to be the same.)

Depending on which account you decide to cancel and which streaming devices are logged in which way, you may need to adjust some or all devices to the one account that remains.

JHYATT

Jump to solution

I am being billed by Hulu but I do not have a Hulu account. Never had one. How can I cancel something with them if I don't have an account with them?

0 Kudos
Hector-Roku
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JHYATT, we're happy to look into this to see why you're receiving charges for Hulu. Since we will be covering your account information, we're going to take this to private message. Please keep an eye out in your inbox here on The Roku Community for a message from us. If you have any issues finding our message, let us know!

0 Kudos