Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stackejantz
Level 7

Refund for Unused Services

Jump to solution

I have contacted customer support 3 times and received no response to my requests. I have 2 charges that need refunded for services that were not used and canceled immediately. I have been a loyal Roku customer with 2 different devices connected to my account. I am not asking for help with anything else. I want this matter resolved. Has there been any other issues like this? Who do I contact? Should I cancel all Roku accounts and just walk away?

Highlighted
Rich_T
Level 10

Re: Refund for Unused Services

Jump to solution

@stackejantz 

This is mostly a user self help forum, you can get some help, or directed to the right place.

What are these services you signed up for then decided not to use?

Some streaming services have a monthly charge, you pay X amount per month until you cancel, with the minimum sign up being one month.

So if you sign up and pay X.XX then cancel you will still be charged X.XX which should give you access to that service for a month.

You cant buy an ice cream, then decide you don't want it, dispose of it and then insist on a refund

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Shondalarae
Level 7

I would like to know if I will be refunded for a subscription that I signed up to use for seven days. I was billed before I could cancel and I was on the 7 day so I had time to cancel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: billing

Jump to solution

@Shondalarae 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account, billing or order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: I Need Customer Support!

Jump to solution

Good luck with getting in touch with a real person! I've been on hold for over 39 minutes now and they keep saying only 14 minutes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jburkink
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Account doesn't reflect any charges and the Contact Us doesn't show any charges. Now I am left to email to CustomerService@roku.com or this path. This does not seem like a very efficient method to resolve our issues with billing errors. There has to be another process to validate charges that do not reflect on my account. I have 3 charges on 1/3/2020, 1/7/2020 and 2/3/2020. 

Please contact me to resolve me billing issues and unauthorized charges. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jburkink 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I've sent you a private message and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JanaS
Level 7

Jump to solution

PLEASE HELP! Through the Roku stick, I signed up for a free 7 day trial of a channel. I cancelled 4 days later via tv screen using my Roku remote. No email was provided with activation or cancellation. I was charged for first month about a week later. I went back again to make sure it wasn't active and channel was removed. I also disputed charge with credit card company. After doing this, a second charge was incurred for the next month. I had the credit card company cancel my credit card and reissue a new one so I wouldn't keep getting charged. Please keep in mind, channel has even been removed from my screen. How does this happen? I've tried through your customer service support site but keep being taken in a loop. Can someone PLEASE CONTACT ME to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jana S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Aliboo
Level 7

Why did roku charge me for Philo when I pay for Philo through Philo I want my money back! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jburkink
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I am getting the run around from your support team on my ticket created. No one will take accountability on the charges Roku made to my PayPal. I had PayPal investigate and they stated the charges are legitimate from Roku, yet nothing shows on my account with Roku. I need to escalate this beyond the phone agent in India that has very limited access and authority it appears. What are my next steps on this issue and the 3 erroneous charges from Roku?

Thank you for your feedback on this frustrating billing issue.

0 Kudos