Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urocku
Level 9

Re: No reason to continue to buy Roku

Jump to solution

I have Apple TV and guess what I can get a hold of alive person that can fix something right away Roku you’re outdated you don’t help people and I have a suspicious credit card charge that’s related to getting STARZ channel that’s the second time I’ve used my credit card with Roku and got a suspicious charge in there 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No reason to continue to buy Roku

Jump to solution

Hi @urocku,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that all Roku billed purchases and subscriptions can only be made through Roku player.
In addition, have you verified that you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions?
1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
3. Click on Manage your subscriptions.
4. When the “My subscriptions” page loads, you will find all your channel subscriptions that get billed by Roku, along with the terms, status, and renewal date of each subscription. Subscriptions that were purchased directly from the service provider or otherwise purchased outside of the Roku Channel Store will not be listed here.
5. Select Unsubscribe or Renew depending on how you want to manage your subscriptions.
I would highly recommend creating a Roku PIN for your account to avoid any further unwanted purchases on your Roku account in the future. For more information about using a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?
For further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.
Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!
Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Town1234
Level 7

Charged for a roku

Jump to solution

I was charged for roku on a different email that I never created. It was an accidental one by a kid who wasn't paying attention to what he was doing.  It was charged with a credit card apparently set up on my TV. I cant put a parental lock on it either. I do not want to be charged every month for 2 roku accounts when we already have an account. We don't need two. How can we fix this. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 16

Re: Charged for a roku

Jump to solution

I don't fully understand the description but a few comments…

Roku accounts don't cost money.  You can have one or several.  Basically, if you want all your Rokus to have the same channel lineup – create one Roku account.  If you want several independent channel lineups, then create several Roku accounts.

While Roku accounts themselves don’t cost money, some channels do.  (HBO, Netflix etc.) You can put a PIN on your Roku account(s) to control access to who can add stuff. 

If you want to close a Roku account, see this page.

You can also add/remove/change the payment method on your Roku account which might also help if it is getting used in ways you don’t like.

0 Kudos
JaTorya-1
Level 7

YALL TOOK MONEY FROM ME

Jump to solution

HEY YALL TOOK 30$ FROM ME I NEED THAT BAVK ASAP

0 Kudos
PlanoKathy
Level 8

Roku's customer service is a joke.

Jump to solution

Well, here it is on the cusp of June of 2021. I looked back at previous posts about customer support with Roku and nothing has changed in two years. 

Since February  Roku has been charging me for Sundance, which I have NOT been subscribed to, yet, they tell me to contact my bank? I sent them images of my account charges from my bank and images of the charges I legitimately have from Roku, and they still will not own up to charging for services that I am not signed up for. The problem of charging customers for unsubscribed services has been going for years.....does this qualify for a class action suit? No telling how much money they are scamming off of people.

I am sure now, Danny or Mary will contact me and tell me to contact customer support and they will take care of it. That is BS....I have been in contact with customer support and I am still being told that they don't give refunds. If this were my fault I would own up to it but how can you reason with people that don't even research the problem? I guess my only recourse is to unsubscribe from Roku. More money down the drain. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YALL TOOK MONEY FROM ME

Jump to solution

@JaTorya-1, you're not going to get it back by screaming in a public user's forum.  Try https://support.roku.com/contactus ,  but good luck with that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: YALL TOOK MONEY FROM ME

Jump to solution

@JaTorya-1 wrote:

HEY YALL TOOK 30$ FROM ME I NEED THAT BAVK ASAP

Scammer's can call their bogus charges anything they like, so don't assume that a charge saying it is from Roku necessarily is from Roku.

Challenge any bogus charges with your financial institution.  They can trace them back to their origin.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
jppearc
Level 7

Re: Roku's customer service is a joke.

Jump to solution

Yes I agree with everything you say. I get charged for the service and I don’t even have a Roku device nor an account with them in any way.  Can’t speak to anyone. I filed a fraud report with Roku as the perpetrator of the fraud. Even got a new card from CapOne and then CapONe let’s Roku charge the monthly fee even though I have a new card. 

CapOne continues to credit me the 64.99 as card fraud. CapOne even tried contacting Roku with me on phone and they can’t get through to anyone. 

0 Kudos
PlanoKathy
Level 8

Re: Roku's customer service is a joke.

Jump to solution

I can only hope they get results. My charges are not much, but since they have only given me the runaround it has been a matter of principle and I will probably continue to be charged. Good Luck.

0 Kudos