Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: I Need Customer Support for charges!

Jump to solution

Just sayin'.

It IS a rant, which is sometimes warranted.  If your particular case is bulletproof, then so be it.

So Elim is subscribed thru verizon, so therefore it's not 'free', in the sense you are paying for something to get it.  You apparently weren't much of a target for the rant, I'm sorry if you detected hostility, as I in no way in that post called any names out.  Still not hostile, either.  More, exasperated, frustrated, just no hostility. Smiley Happy

What I posted is true, and note I said -mostly- in there somewhere, but so many paper tigers, straw horses, etc.

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@KB72 

Thanks for the post.

Did you recently sign up for a free trial with Showtime? We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up. 

We would recommend checking your subscriptions online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions to see if you have an active subscription with Showtime.

For more information about managing your subscriptions, visit our Support page here: How do I manage or cancel a Roku-billed subscription?

If you need further assistance for account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@EliM @JoeyRocku 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a question on monthly charge from roku. 
D. Hackett

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny - 

I have an open ticket. I now know the sequence of events that have caused the drama. This summary is very important for your team to understand if they want to deflect this from happening to customers in the future.

I have discovered that I had a typo in my email address in setting up the device during initial setup on screen using the remote. Since your initial setup apparently does not send a confirmation email, I have had a system level account that is 100% inaccessible with an email address that I cannot manage.

So, in later trying to login on my phone or desktop to "MyRoku" with the account I setup with the typo, I was unable to login - it was MY MISTAKE that I created an account during initial setup with a typo. I ended the session of initial setup NOT knowing I had a typo. When I couldn't login using my REAL email address, I was unable. So naturally, I requested email resets, but none ever came. This was my fault - I had no idea I setup the device with a typo.

I provided PayPal payment information for an account I cannot manage. Your system has been charging me because I opened my "MyRoku" account with my CORRECT email address. Since this account is totally independent of the typo account, I do not see the subscriptions.

Support is asking that I manage the typo account - its an obvious typo in the name - I typed in fred@yagoo.com in the initial setup instead of fred@yahoo.com. Unfortunately, I do not know the password I used for the bogus email address (MY FAULT again). So I cannot manage the yagoo account. Smiley Happy

I cannot manage the typo email address - I do not know the password and obviously, password reset automation is not going to work since I will never get the email.

How can we fix this?

Thanks for your help - my issue was self inflicted, I recognize that, but the resolution I think is pretty simple if support can take the time to help.

PS - my account was not setup with a yahoo account, I'm using this example for security reasons instead of my real domain, which is just as large, and the typo is obvious.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JoeyRocku @k7111963 

Thanks for the information.

For assistance with your account, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

That sounds like a major pita to get fixed.  Sorry you got into that spot.  Just out of curiosity, and not wanting any personal info, would it work to do a hard reset on the Roku and try setting up again?  

I guess this question is more directed at Danny. Smiley Happy

I hope you, Joey, went right away to PayPal if you needed to change any info so that unknown account can't try and access your PayPal.

And, thank you very much for being honest.  That is great to see!

(3) Roku Ultras 4670X, Samsung Q8 tv, Samsung NU7100 tv
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

The last few posts here  has started me questioning some really basic things here.   Simply put,  why have the requirement of signing up for an account in the first place?  Especially using an credit/debit card on file.   During this time of rapid disappearance of support staff.   Except for  a few obviously very overworked live employees.   And email accounts that most people don't't really use as much  anymore except for verification.   At this time it's Zoom, Chat, or even a Bot.  Other  companies do. 

Makes no sense to me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Sandman. I’m disheartened by two things now.

1. Danny’s auto bot reply.

2. Support has now put me on ignore. 

$80 seems like a pittance for a lot of people but for me that’s a weeks worth of groceries or a tank n’ a half of gas.

It’s definitely self inflicted but you would think that someone with a smidgen of compassion would return my money.

I cancelled HBO thinking it would work like Amazon Prime - meaning I would have HBO for the month since I paid for it. Well, HBO never worked after I cancelled and I’ve been billed for it for 3 months. Insult to injury. Even support in a previous ticket tried to tell me “no HBO should still work”and then cancel but it never did work after cancelling the day after ordering it. I only ordered it to watch one documentary. No need to lie to them.

It’s a minor fail on their part not having a confirmation email timeout mechanism of some kind. But I get it. It’s my fault for sure. But **bleep**, at least give me my money back. The karma conscience of large companies is nonexistent. It’s faceless. I get it. Especially after getting auto bot replies here. Silly and sad. If The Danny bot auto replies again that’s really a sad way to support customers. Oh well. Gotta shut down the Roku Paypal somehow. PayPal Support claims they did but who knows. Guess I’ll wait for more bogus charges. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: I Need Customer Support!

Jump to solution

I do NOT want to continue this e mail nightmare !! How do I speak with a human by phone?

0 Kudos