Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Husband left but left behind.his roku

Jump to solution

My partner.of 18 years left me but left Roku. I was never informed.of his pin so I would just like to either change pin or reregister.in my name..

Any ideas??

Sincerely.                               Elizabeth Prescott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Husband left but left behind.his roku

Jump to solution

@Lizprescott 

Make sure you have a working physical Roku remote. (or at least a Roku compatible universal streaming remote).

Then factory reset the device and set it up with your email address.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset) or press and hold Reset button (or pinhole reset) for 30+ seconds.

(Just don't factory reset the device unless, again, you have a working physical remote).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Is this a Roku TV or a Roku device? What model number is it? Is the Roku account in his name? You can ask him to log into his Roku account and unlink the Roku he left. Then you make a Roku account and factory reset your Roku. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Lizprescott 

Make sure you have a working physical Roku remote. (or at least a Roku compatible universal streaming remote).

Then factory reset the device and set it up with your email address.

(Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset) or press and hold Reset button (or pinhole reset) for 30+ seconds.

(Just don't factory reset the device unless, again, you have a working physical remote).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102