Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldw1
Level 7

Hulu on Roku thinks I am "not home" and does not launch

Jump to solution

I recently received error type messages on BOTH Roku devices after logging in to Hulu.  In both cases they think I am not using my device at my home address and tell me basically sorry you cant watch Hulu.  Hulu works fine on every other non-Roku device in my home, i.e. computers, iPhones, and iPads.  Just not on Roku.  I am not sure if this is a Hulu or Roku issue.  I placed a call in with Hulu and they could not help.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hulu on Roku thinks I am "not home" and does not launch

Jump to solution

It sounds like you have subscribed to not just Hulu, but Hulu + Live TV. And, whatever location you were when you set it up isn't where it thinks you are now.

That is a Hulu issue, or an issue with your ISP. If, for example, you were in, say, Columbus GA using AT&T, and AT&T routed you through Atlanta, Hulu might think you were trying to use it in Atlanta. That's far enough away for them to not allow it. (I use that example because I saw that happen.)

Check your IP address and see where it reports.

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It sounds like you have subscribed to not just Hulu, but Hulu + Live TV. And, whatever location you were when you set it up isn't where it thinks you are now.

That is a Hulu issue, or an issue with your ISP. If, for example, you were in, say, Columbus GA using AT&T, and AT&T routed you through Atlanta, Hulu might think you were trying to use it in Atlanta. That's far enough away for them to not allow it. (I use that example because I saw that happen.)

Check your IP address and see where it reports.

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ronaldw1
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks.  You are correct.  I do have Hulu + Live TV.  What makes this more confusing to Hulu is that I have a new T-Mobile Home Internet service (basically a plug in hotspot in my home) and Hulu thinks I am setting up a hotspot somewhere have sharing with a bunch of people.

0 Kudos