Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AChamblee87
Level 7

Hulu discount with EBT?

Jump to solution

I've heard that hulu gives 50% off when your on EBT..... How to I go about getting that discount?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Hulu discount with EBT?

Jump to solution

@AChamblee87 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Hulu support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AChamblee87 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Hulu support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PKBux
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't know if that was a bot or a real person who made that reply to another person who had the same inquiry that I have.....but customer service at Roku needs to step up and get a clue.

There is no way a good portion of the audience out here unable to afford much beyond lower speeds internet service..... is going to pay through the nose for Hulu.   

The question was:  Do you have discounts for people on EBT.  There are a lot of people of ALL ages out there who are low income- disabled-on ebt and other government programs...etc.  

We can't use Hulu if it's priced itself out of our reach.  We aren't going to use Hulu over being able to eat or feed our dependents.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PKBux 

Hulu is a paid subscription channel/app that is developed to work on the Roku platform.  It is not "part of" Roku.  Roku provides the platform for all these other channels/app to operate on.  Some of these channels/apps are completely free (ad-supported, so you have to watch ads), while others are subscription services.

That is why @RokuDanny-R (who is real, by the way), indicated that all questions regarding operation and pricing must be addressed by the channel developer (Hulu in this case).

There is no requirement to use any paid subscription service with Roku.  Most of these charge by the month so you can subscribe and cancel at any time.  Use for a month, cancel...wait a couple of months, sign up again for a month, cancel again.

I personally don't use any paid subscription services on my Roku devices and am never at a loss of content to watch.  Other than paying for my internet, my Roku use is completely free.

However, if your question is strictly regarding the EBT discount with Hulu, your best bet is to contact Hulu directly and inquire there.  (https://www.hulu.com/welcome).  At the bottom of the web page are their help and contact links.

I do know they are currently running 30-day free trial for ad-free and ad plans (no live tv) and some users are able to find online coupon codes when signing up for the plans.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos