Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calilife89

Re: Hulu

Jump to solution

I didn’t find my purchase from subscriptions but I did find it under “purchases”, under the Roku app, what I did to stop further charges was click on the payment tab and then where it show your card info,scroll to the bottom where it says delete card info to stop further transactions. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Moecj46
Reel Rookie

Charges from roku hulu

Jump to solution

Ive been being charge for months for hulu. I canceled my subscription and when try to log in it says will you like to start a new subscription. Ive already been charged 3months and cant aeem to get in comtact woth anyone. Hulu states its not from them its from roku. Ive emailed and call have n gotten through to anyone. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Charges from roku hulu

Jump to solution

@Moecj46 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Did you subscribe to Hulu through Roku Pay or through the channel provider directly? How are you trying to access the Hulu channel?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Moecj46
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I subscribe through hulu on roku and cancelled my purchased but was still charged. This was back in November i requested a refund still havent gotten a response or refund

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Moecj46 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Phubert

Re: What to do when you have an unrecognized charge for Hulu on your debit card

Jump to solution

I have the same problem charged for it can't get it why

0 Kudos
holmanperrt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In our case, it took 4 months to figure it out. Unfortunately, it seems that it is all too easy to unintentionally or unknowingly activate a Hulu account. When I was finally able to talk to a competent Hulu customer service agent, we discovered there was an account “linked to my account” that had been activated. We still do not know how this happened, but the account indeed belonged to a family member and the agent was able to stop the charges from reoccurring. So I recommend contacting Hulu and asking if there are any other email accounts linked to your Roku.  If the agent you’re speaking to doesn’t know, request to speak to one who knows how to access the information. The first two Hulu agents I spoke to never suggested there COULD be a “linked account”!  

Another action you can take is to remove Roku’s ability to make payments on your behalf. In my case, I contacted PayPal and ended Roku’s ability to have access to my Paypal account. This will require me to set up billing directly with any service I want to order, but it also gives me complete control.  If services aren’t getting paid, they will either turn off the service and/or contact you to try and obtain payment.  Good luck. 

LeoLeo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  I subscribed to HBO MAX Via ROKU ; my CC bill states ROKU for HBO MAX.  I see HBO max on my subscription and HBO charges when i log into ROKU.
ROKU FOR HULU is been billed every month.  ROKU shows NO subscription to HULU but does show the monthly charges.  I have been playing ping pong with ROKU and they keep on stating they escalated to HULU.  

ROKU LISTEN!!! - you are billing me - why cant you stop it!!!!

I Contacted AMEX And disputed the charges - they contacted Roku and they stated it was a legitimate charge.

Amex denied the claim and Had to dispute a 2nd time - eventually they they credited back the charges.   HOWEVER; i dont know if next month I will be billed again.  Asked AMEX to stop any future charges from ROKU for HULU but there no guarantees it will not go through.  Next step is to cancel HBO max and delete credit card information from ROKU AND NEVER subscribe to anything via ROKU. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@LeoLeo wrote:
...delete credit card information from ROKU AND NEVER subscribe to anything via ROKU. 

^ this.  Whenever possible, subscribe directly with the provider.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
holmanperrt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found that trying to deal with Roku was frustrating and never got me anywhere. The first person I talked to at Hulu couldn’t figure out why I was being charged for services we didn’t have. Supposedly, Hulu and Roku were going to communicate and resolve the issue but that never happened. It took me many more attempts to fix the issue myself and finally I got through to someone at Hulu (after being directed there AGAIN by Roku) who was able to find an “associated account” linked to our Roku and my name. Somehow my husband’s account was activated, even though nobody in the house uses it. 

I would call Hulu and ask them to search for any accounts linked to your roku. (Think of any and all possible emails it could be under, you need that info) I also would vote for not paying for services through Roku, but to order them directly. Having all billing is convenient, until you want to cancel a service or have an issue. Then, they suddenly have no idea who you are and it’s not their responsibility.