Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobbyB

Unrecognized Hulu charge on my credit card (Roku for Hulu LLC)

Jump to solution

I am being charged on my credit card for a monthly Hulu subscription.  Exact charge states: Roku for Hulu LLC.  I do not have a Hulu channel and Hulu cannot find anything with my emails or credit card and I cannot figure out how to contact anyone at Roku.  I show 0 purchase on my purchase history in Roku settings.  I think I did a trial on Hulu but cannot figure out how to sign in and stop the charges.

Tags (1)
6 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Unrecognized Hulu charge on my credit card (Roku for Hulu LLC)

Jump to solution

@RobbyB @Carteramylea 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Who is charging your account, is it Roku or Hulu? If you have a Hulu subscription, you will need to contact Hulu support for further assistance regarding the charges and your account. You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

If you are being charged through Roku Pay, and you do not see any charges or subscriptions through your Roku account, then the charges that are showing up are most likely not from Roku. 

For further assistance with account or billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Taashpoint0 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, if you are being charged through Roku, but you do not see any charges or subscriptions on your Roku account, then the charges that are showing up are most likely not from Roku and we would recommend contacting your card provider for further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hayman1 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking your account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage Your Subscriptions. If you do not see any active subscriptions through Roku Pay there, then you did not get charged by Roku. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@psmith29 

Thanks for the post.

If you are being charged through Roku, but you do not see any charges or subscriptions on your Roku account when you log into your account at my.roku.com, then the charges that are showing up are most likely not from Roku and we would recommend contacting your card provider for further assistance.

If you need further assistance with account or billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @kim8

Thanks for the post.

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bsweet71,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a query about your unrecognized Roku Hulu charge and it would be best to talk to the specified team since we need to gather your personal information.
For these issue, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.

• Please visit: support.roku.com
  • Sign in to your account
  • Look for "Agent support" tab at the bottom right corner of the page
  • Click "Check support options"
  • Click Account, Payments & subscriptions

You can also view check the charges on your account and this link will help you out: How to review your purchase history and charges to your Roku account.

Please keep us posted!

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

0 Kudos
91 REPLIES 91

What to do when you have an unrecognized charge for Hulu on your debit card

Jump to solution

I have noticed a Hulu charge of $5.99 taken off my debit card for June July and August 2020. But when I go to sign into account it won't let me.

0 Kudos

Re: What to do when you have an unrecognized charge for Hulu on your debit card

Jump to solution

If you are have an account set up directly with HULU they would bill and take payments directly. However if you have noted lately that you are being billed also by  Roku LLC on behalf of Hulu this is all wrong.   This is a new issue as the fee's Roku collects on behalf of Hulu dosent change hands.   Terrible part is there is no customer service available at all....not a single person to help sort this out.  

Sleepless in the Burg

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RobbyB @Carteramylea 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Who is charging your account, is it Roku or Hulu? If you have a Hulu subscription, you will need to contact Hulu support for further assistance regarding the charges and your account. You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

If you are being charged through Roku Pay, and you do not see any charges or subscriptions through your Roku account, then the charges that are showing up are most likely not from Roku. 

For further assistance with account or billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

My Visa card includes a charge of $108 that is from "Roku for Hulu LLC".  There is no Hulu subscription on my Roku account. I called Hulu and they cannot find the charge.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Call the number on the back of your card and challenge the charges. 

I suspect those charges are not from Roku at all.  A bad guy who knows what he's doing can list his charge as anything he decides to call it.  The CC company will be able to track the charge back to see who actually received the funds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Hayman1

Roku for Hulu charges

Jump to solution

I am being charged every month, 62.00. It says “Roku for Hulu”. I don’t have a Hulu account so Hulu can’t help. Roku says they don’t show me having Hulu through them either🤷🏻‍♀️How do I stop charges?????? I’m so irritated can’t speak to anyone and it’s been going on a few months now. 

74cuin

Re: Roku for Hulu charges

Jump to solution

I just canceled my free trial with Hulu. I got the free trial thru ROKU. However to cancel you have to go to HULU to cancel. Log in to HULU using the same e-mail address as used with ROKU. Then click on forgot my password. (Even though I never had one for HULU to begin with.) Get new password, log in and manage your subscription by canceling. You can access the HULU home page thru ROKU manage my subscriptions.

What a pain. Hope this helps.

CK

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hayman1 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking your account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage Your Subscriptions. If you do not see any active subscriptions through Roku Pay there, then you did not get charged by Roku. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

the same charge had been happening to me... $69.98 a month from “roku for hulu LLC” and i called and checked my roku account; i do not have any subscriptions, I have hulu free with spotify and spotify charges me $5.44 a month, and i checked with hulu too, no subscriptions. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP