Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim907

How would I establish a new account when my email has not changed?

I moved from Ketchikan to Wasilla and left the Roku remote behind. I forgot all about the Roku stick and do not know where that is. I deactivated my account, but no confirmation was sent, so I am not sure where I stand there. I would like to use Roku here in Wasilla. I suppose I would purchase another remote and stick, but how would I establish a new account when my email has not changed? What would be the best course of action? I didn't really think about this during the hectic time of the move. It's a mess. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How would I establish a new account when my email has not changed?

Have you tried to log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com ?  Did you set up a new account for this "community"?  If your old account still exists or is the same as the one you're using here you'd just enter that email address when you go through the setup procedure on the new device

Generally, when you set up a new device you enter an email address for the Roku account.  If it's the email address for an account that already exists the device gets linked to that account.  If it's an email address that isn't associated with any Roku account then the process will guide you through setting up the new account.

Moving from one location to another within the same country or region shouldn't cause any problems.  It's when you change countries/regions of the world that problems arise.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos