Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Level 12

How to transfer Roku Subscriptions to new Roku?

I understand that when replacing a Roku, all you have to do to get apps like Netflix, Hulu, etc. working is to activate the new Roku, sign in with my existing account, the channels will download, and I just sign in to them.

But, what about Roku Subscriptions? I am talking about apps/channels that are subscribed through Roku, and are listed on each users' account here: https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

Is there a way to transfer these? Or, do I have to re-purchase the subscriptions on the new Roku? If I have to do that it will cost me $66.00 so I am really hoping that there is a way to transfer them.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to transfer Roku Subscriptions to new Roku?

@Psilobite wrote:

I understand that when replacing a Roku, all you have to do to get apps like Netflix, Hulu, etc. working is to activate the new Roku, sign in with my existing account, the channels will download, and I just sign in to them.

But, what about Roku Subscriptions? I am talking about apps/channels that are subscribed through Roku, and are listed on each users' account here: https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

Is there a way to transfer these? Or, do I have to re-purchase the subscriptions on the new Roku? If I have to do that it will cost me $66.00 so I am really hoping that there is a way to transfer them.

Subscriptions purchased through Roku are tied to the account, so if you link the new Roku to the existing account all your subscriptions will be available automatically.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos