Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HHudson
Level 7

How to merge old Roku tv to new Roku account

Jump to solution

I had purchased a Roku tv for my son a couple years ago. I don't remember the email & password that I used to set it up. How do I get his tv merged with my recently established Roku account?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to merge old Roku tv to new Roku account

Jump to solution

Somewhere on the back of the TV is a recessed reset button. You usually have to use a pin or something else very small to press the button. With the TV on, press and hold this button for a minimum of 30 seconds (not one second less). Then you can set it up as if it's brand new and add it to your current account.

Be vary careful when you register it to your account. There are dozens of scam sites that try to convince you there's a fee to add the TV to your account. There is no fee, so make sure you go to the actual, real Roku website: https://my.roku.com

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to merge old Roku tv to new Roku account

Jump to solution

Somewhere on the back of the TV is a recessed reset button. You usually have to use a pin or something else very small to press the button. With the TV on, press and hold this button for a minimum of 30 seconds (not one second less). Then you can set it up as if it's brand new and add it to your current account.

Be vary careful when you register it to your account. There are dozens of scam sites that try to convince you there's a fee to add the TV to your account. There is no fee, so make sure you go to the actual, real Roku website: https://my.roku.com

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos