Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveGodin

How to fix NFL Game Pass subscription not working

Jump to solution

ONCE AGAIN! I am starting off the NFL season without access to preseason games because I cant get gamepass to work!!!!!!

the problem: I received notice that my subscription to game pass had been renewed.  Below is what I received via email.  Today I opened up NFL on Roku and attempted to open the Green Bay preseason game. When I did I was redirected to a screen giving options to subscribe or restore purchase. I selected Restore Purchase. The result was the program sent me back to the home screen.  So I tried again.  this time I selected Subscribe. I received a popup notice that I was already subscribed and I should sign in to this channel to start streaming.  But I am already signed in! What would I sign in to? 

I attempted to manage my subscription in NFL on Roku. using the person icon, I then selected subscriptions and tried restore purchase.  The result is "operation Failed"

Now WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

Hi David

Your updated NFL Game Pass subscription for $99.99 per year starts today.

The subscription will renew on August 03, 2022.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GANFLFAN
Reel Rookie

Re: NFL Game Pass subscription not working

Jump to solution

Was able to finally get this working. What I did was go to NFL.com and reset my password. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
BC35

NFL Game Pass malfunctions

Jump to solution

I'm having problems when accessing  old games  after I select a game and select the condensed or whole game  I see dots moving and nothing happens , until I hit the go back button 3 times then the game starts to play . is this because my ROKU device is outdated or is it because of something else ?

also when I scroll down to make selections the selections start to flash on and off what causes this ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mscroggi
Binge Watcher

Re: NFL Game Pass malfunctions

Jump to solution

Something is horribly broken in the app / roku for gamepass.. 

I cant watch any completed games.. I get kicked out to a page that acknowledges that I have access for a year.. but it still wont work.. . Unbelievable..   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: NFL Game Pass malfunctions

Jump to solution

@BC35 @mscroggi 

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact NFL Game Pass support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach NFL Game Pass support here: https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/categories/200275708-NFL-Game-Pass

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Game Pass subscription does not work

Jump to solution

Hey @DaveGodin

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

In some cases, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

If the issue persists after the suggested troubleshooting above, get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here: support.roku.com/contactus then choose 'Questions about my account or billing' on the drop-down menu. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Djjon2165

Accessing the NFL app in the roku device

Jump to solution

Anyone having trouble accessing the NFL app when I click to enter it goes blank then takes me back to the home screen

Khalil

Accessing NFL Network on NFL App

Jump to solution

Is anyone else having trouble accessing NFL Network via the NFL App? I am constantly told to sign into my cable provider even though I have been signed into my cable provider. 

I have signed in and out at least 60 times and nothing has changed 

0 Kudos
jtek47

Re: Accessing NFL Network on NFL App

Jump to solution

I can’t get past sign in with provider. I don’t have a provider and didn’t know you had to or I wouldn’t have purchased. Everything I read said gamepass is the way to watch if you don’t have cable

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Accessing NFL Network on NFL App

Jump to solution

@jtek47 

When I open the NFL app (5.0.4) it takes me to the Home page.

To sign into Game Pass:  Home/Account(Person symbol)/Subscriptions/Sign-in to Game Pass i

Notice the Game Pass description:  "Watch live out-of-market Preseason games and replay every game all season long".

Notice the TV Provider description:  "Watch live games, pre-game shows, NFL Network and more by connecting your TV Provider"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Game_Pass

"For users in North America, only out-of-market preseason games can be viewed live; full replays of all the games become available on demand after their original live broadcasts end. Live preseason, regular season, and postseason games are available to international users"

It clearly only gives access to live Preseason out of market games in the US.

You'll need a TV provider or Paramount+ subscription to access live games otherwise in the NFL app.

I suggest you try one of the OTT TV Providers (YouTube TV, Sling Live TV, Hulu Live TV, etc).

0 Kudos
angrygnat

Re: Game Pass subscription does not work

Jump to solution

Did you get this resolved, I have the same problem. ROKU support is zero help, NFL runs the channel. NFL support is pathetic. Cannot log into game pass thru any other method because the login is thru ROKU which also means that we have no account with NFL thru which we might get support. Crazy.