Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin3387

Re: How to change account email address

Jump to solution

I think you guys are missing the part where he says he doesn’t have access to the old email. Will a factory reset allow you to enter a new email??

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't think we're missing anything.  Changing the email associated with a current account and changing the email address (and therefore Roku account) associated with a device are two different things.  Which are you trying to do?  If you received a device that has already been set up with someone else's email address/Roku account then yes, perform a factory reset to link it to your own email address/Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Danny,

Your comment makes sense, but its not helping. It has been a while since I have logged into my account. Therefore, I forgot my password. Roku is set up to send a password recovery to email on the account However, I don't have access to this email anymore. Therefore, following the steps you provide do not work. Please provide an alternative option. I have tried calling support, but the number tells me to go online and sign in. Please provide actual customer support! 

Frustrated User 

Jen980

Jump to solution

I  don't use [personal information removed] anymore 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Bob_Builder @Jen980

Thanks for the post.

If you no longer have access to the email that your Roku account is linked to, you will need to contact our Support team for further assistance. please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbirk2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I need the same help with changing an email on the home screen that was mistakely spelled wrong and I don't have access to.

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MandL71 @mbirk2

Thanks for the post.

Your Roku account connects your Roku streaming devices with your channels, preferences, and settings.

To change the email address link to your Roku device here is the link for you: How do I change the email address or password for my Roku® account?

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
mbirk2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks I have the correct email on the account.  It is the screen on the actual TV that has the incorrect email address that was done when I did the set up.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Change my email address

Jump to solution

@mbirk2

Thanks for the post.

If your Roku account is correct online, but the screen on the actual TV is incorrect, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the TV and then setting up the TV with the correct Roku account.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Change my email address

Jump to solution

@mbirk2, in addition to what RokuDanny-R said (which is the only way to change the email address that shows on the Roku device), do you recognize the email address?  Can you use that email address to log in at https://my.roku.com ?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos