Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How to cancel HBO subscription?

Jump to solution

I need to cancel my HBO subscription. Its always so easy to take my money and sign up but Roku is making it next to impossible to cancel it. I was just charged another month! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to cancel HBO subscription?

Jump to solution

@sverm17 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account, billing or order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: I Need Customer Support for charges!

Jump to solution

Tried the contact option & only received get news letter options

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, customer services is pretty poor and getting answers is NOT intuitive.  I had to work through my bank to get the charge held/reversed.  ZERO help from Roku, unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Arnie 

Thanks for the note.

I have sent you a private message and will assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Canceling subscription

Jump to solution

Call your bank and go through the complaint process, blocking w/drawal from your checking account tied to the service.  I reported similar to Bank of America and they are handling this for me.  Bottom line - if I don't ORDER something, do not bill me for it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Cancelled Subscription during FREE trail. How do I get reimbursed for fee?

Jump to solution

See my other post - same happened to me, received the same robo-email and no one (human) to discuss with.  Only option is to report to your bank and have them stop payment to Roku going forward - only protection I've found.  Otherwise, you may see these charges more regularly without recourse.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Cancelled Subscription during FREE trail. How do I get reimbursed for fee?

Jump to solution

Thank you! I was able to speak to someone directly and they addressed the issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: How to Cancel a subscription

Jump to solution

I cancelled the subscription and they are still trying to charge me for it because they said that I did not cancel the subscription in time but, I did. I started BET+ on Saturday and cancelled it by Tuesday. Pay pal is still trying to charge me for it because they say I don't have proof that I cancelled it. I cancelled it on the TV, ROKU did not provide me with a receipt stating that it was cancelled. What do I do from here. I do n ot have the service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to Cancel a subscription

Jump to solution

@onepamel2 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account, billing or order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, and select 'managing your order': https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos