Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bartongirl
Level 7

How to Cancel a Subscription

Jump to solution

How do I cancel a subscription before I get charged for it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to Cancel a subscription

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We recommend that you take the following steps to cancel a subscription:

1) Log into your Roku account at my.roku.com to manage any Roku-billed subscription. You would do this if you signed up for the channel using your Roku account payment method. Note: You can confirm the account that your Roku device is linked to by visiting Settings>System>About on your device. You'll want to make sure you log into this account to manage any subscriptions initiated from that device. 

2) If you log into your Roku account, and you aren't finding an active subscription, you will need contact the channel provider directly to help locate your account and/or cancel your subscription directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

3 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Cancal a subscription

Jump to solution

Depends on how you subscribed, and the channel itself. Usually you have to contact the provider and cancel through them. A handful of channels have Roku handle the payments, but I have no idea which ones or how you would cancel. This forum would not be the place to do it, however. You can log into your Roku account on a computer and see if it shows you are subscribing to something through Roku. I would expect cancellation instructions to be available there. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
gilla1959
Level 7

Re: Cancal a subscription

Jump to solution

espn+

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How to Cancel a subscription

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

We recommend that you take the following steps to cancel a subscription:

1) Log into your Roku account at my.roku.com to manage any Roku-billed subscription. You would do this if you signed up for the channel using your Roku account payment method. Note: You can confirm the account that your Roku device is linked to by visiting Settings>System>About on your device. You'll want to make sure you log into this account to manage any subscriptions initiated from that device. 

2) If you log into your Roku account, and you aren't finding an active subscription, you will need contact the channel provider directly to help locate your account and/or cancel your subscription directly.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post