Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hannahfoster1
Level 7

How do you switch from Roku stick to Roku ultra and that channels to your account now

I don't know how to switch my account information from Roku stick to a Roku ultra. I cannot download any channels and I need assistance please

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
andyross
Level 16

Re: How do you switch from Roku stick to Roku ultra and that channels to your account now

If the new Roku was logged into the same account as the stick, it should automatically download the matching channels. You will need to rearrange them on-screen, as that is per-device. You may also need to re-authorize or login into each channel on the new device.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do you switch from Roku stick to Roku ultra and that channels to your account now

@andyross wrote:

If the new Roku was logged into the same account as the stick, it should automatically download the matching channels. You will need to rearrange them on-screen, as that is per-device. You may also need to re-authorize or login into each channel on the new device.

If the new Ultra was not linked to your original Roku account (check the email shown via Settings > System > About on both systems), and you wish to switch to that account, the only way to change it is to perform a Factory update on the Ultra and set it up again anew, this time linking to the original Roku account.

Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. 

• IMPORTANT! When linking your device if you are directed to go to roku.com/link type this in very carefully and verify that you actually do go there. Otherwise you can end up at a scammer's fake Roku site where they may request you to pay bogus charges and will collect your payment information to use as they wish. If you end up at ANY site not on roku.com (other than the https://my.roku.com/link that you'll get redirected to), back out and try again.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos