Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do remove payment method on tv?

Jump to solution

I can’t remove the payment method on the tv how do remove it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How do remove payment method on tv?

Jump to solution

@Mayra 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will be unable to remove your payment method through your TV. You will need to log into your my.roku.com account online and the select the Update button under Payment method.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I update or remove the payment method for my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mayra 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will be unable to remove your payment method through your TV. You will need to log into your my.roku.com account online and the select the Update button under Payment method.

For more information, visit our Support page here: How do I update or remove the payment method for my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This does not remove the current account. It only offers an update.  How do we remove payment method.  I have no subscriptions,ruku constantly tries to get charges off a deleted card.  I continue to get notifications.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

@Freshwater wrote:

This does not remove the current account. It only offers an update.  How do we remove payment method.  I have no subscriptions,ruku constantly tries to get charges off a deleted card.  I continue to get notifications.. 

Click on right-most purple UPDATE button under Payment Method.

Scroll down to bottom, click "Remove payment method".

But I wouldn't be so sure the charge attempts are actually coming from Roku.  Any scammer worth his salt knows how to call his charge anything he wishes.  The fact that you say they are attempts to charge a discontinued card sounds very much like they are from an illegitimate source that still has an old bad card number. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos