Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I report a Roku user that is using their device to access my streaming services/accounts?

Jump to solution

I’m trying to figure out how to report a Roku user that is hacking my Netflix, sling and Hulu accounts. My sling account is showing multiple Roku devices and I do not own any. I have device id numbers and a possible serial number of 1GS3A9103228. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How do I report a Roku user that is using their device to access my streaming services/accounts?

Jump to solution

@Txaggie01 

Thanks for the note regarding your account information with unknown devices.

As @boogernose and @makaiguy mentioned, you will need to contact those service providers for further assistance regarding unwarranted activity on your account.

Our recommendation would be to cancel those accounts/subscriptions and set them up again in order to make sure that no other users will have access to your account moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: How do I report a Roku user that is using their device to access my streaming services/accounts?

Jump to solution

You should contact those Channels directly.

You may just be paranoid.

Where are you seeing this exactly?

You can take security measures of setting your router to exclusively

send to your MAC number for your Roku.....this might be problematic.

You can also change your passwords and access codes.

But are you sure and why?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

You should contact those Channels directly.

You can take security measures of setting your router to exclusively

send to your MAC number for your Roku.

The original poster says he has NO Roku units, but that some of his streaming accounts show Roku units registered to them.

I'd guess that somebody with knowledge of the OP's account credentials was able to get the Rokus registered -- maybe someone the OP has shared account information with, or someone who's hacked the OP's system.  I'd guess that changing passwords on those accounts should prevent unauthorized access and remove the possibility of somebody charging things to those account, but would probably leave the device registrations in place. 

Logging into those accounts via browser may provide capability of de-registering devices, but if not it will probably require contacting account management directly.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Well either way the OP is not very clear.

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your replies. And I Do NOT own any Roku devices. I have only shared my passwords for streaming accounts/apps with my husband and he is not very tech savvy. I actually had to log him in myself. I have contacted many of the streaming services directly, changed all the passwords and chosen the selection with those accounts to “log out of all devices.” Still the devices I do not own are showing up and are showing activity. The streaming service companies themselves tell me there is no permanent way to block these users/hackers. I definitely don’t have anyone else accessing my WiFi (at least directly in my local area) as I have multiple levels of encryption and passwords on my router. I also have no near neighbors for close to a mile. I was hoping someone could suggest a way to get Roku to maybe deactivate a Roku device since it is being used to hack, I.e. fraudulently access my accounts. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Your problems are not with Roku as you are not a customer or an owner at all.

Your problems are with your streaming services.

I'm sorry but you need to contact them and work it out.

You can certainly log out all devices from the web and just re-log in with whatever youre using.

They could trace the IP's if so inclined. Or explain things for you.

I feel your frustration but as I said initially you should contact those Channels directly.

Even if you were a Roku owner you should contact those Channels directly.

Your problems are clearly with them. Hackers can easily spoof even MAC numbers.

EDIT: Just in case you opened an account with Roku (https://my.roku.com/signin) at some point:

Close It

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Txaggie01 

Thanks for the note regarding your account information with unknown devices.

As @boogernose and @makaiguy mentioned, you will need to contact those service providers for further assistance regarding unwarranted activity on your account.

Our recommendation would be to cancel those accounts/subscriptions and set them up again in order to make sure that no other users will have access to your account moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post