Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I get a refund for a charge at sign up of a free trial?

I sighed up for a free trial of HBO now and it has been advised that HBO now is streaming for free for 500 hours. So I signed up for the free trial and was charged $16.19. I have canceled the service  but I dont know how to get it refunded. What do I do?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: How do I get a refund for a charge at sign up of a free trial?

https://www.hbo.com/about/contact-us

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Allen030100 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you previously had a free trial through the same Roku account (on any Roku device linked to your account), you will not be eligible for another free trial with that specific service. We highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

That is shady AF.  Pretty pissed about my $14.99 charge for HBO that was supposed to be free for 30 days. When I signed up, something should have notified me that I was not eligible for this free 30 day trial.  SHADY AF. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Perpetualbug wrote:

That is shady AF.  Pretty pissed about my $14.99 charge for HBO that was supposed to be free for 30 days. When I signed up, something should have notified me that I was not eligible for this free 30 day trial.  SHADY AF. 

Well, take it up with HBO. It's their policy, not Roku.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I signed up for BET for a seven day trial and never looked at it past the first day and suffering memory lost and other medical conditions and forgot to cancel until it appeared on my bank statement. I did cancel subscription but how can I get a refund of the amount billed to my account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

@Bangy  I strongly doubt they will refund your money.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos