Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How do I get Roku to tell HBO that I cancelled my HBO Now subscription?

Jump to solution

I cancelled my HBO Now subscription thru Roku at the end of May.  The cancellation notice said that my subscription would end on 6/16/2020.

I'm trying to sign up for HBO Max through a different service, but HBO still shows me as an HBO Now subscriber through Roku.

How can I get Roku to notify HBO that my HBO Now subscription has ended?

Jeff

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: How do I get Roku to tell HBO that I cancelled my HBO Now subscription?

Jump to solution

@jharvey963 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's account functionality, you'll want to contact HBO  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO support here: https://www.hbo.com/about/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jharvey963 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's account functionality, you'll want to contact HBO  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach HBO support here: https://www.hbo.com/about/contact-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I ran into the same situation.  I contacted HBO Max support through chat and after an hour or so of non-support they told me I would need to contact Roku to see if they could help. 

I ended up logging into the HBO Now web site and adjusted my e-mail address on the old account to one of my "throw away" gmail accounts I use for Spam-ie things. 
I was then able to create a new HBO Max account with the email address I had been using while I was billed through Roku.

Sorry Roku, you won't be getting a kickback for processing my HBO sub any longer.