Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

How can I transfer my account from Brazil?

Jump to solution

How can I transfer my account from Brazil? 

I own a roku purchased in the usa, recently Roku started operating in Brazil, but unfortunately I can't access the channels available in Brazil.
How can I transfer my account to Brazil, and access the available Brazilian channels?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: How can I transfer my account from Brazil?

Jump to solution
This question has come up before and Roku has never reported a way to transfer an account. All you can do is create a NEW account in your new location and link your Roku to that.

Do a factory reset on your Roku and set it up all over again. When you go to the website for linking be sure you are connected to the internet via an IP located in Brazil (not via a VPN with its server elsewhere) and set yourself up a new Roku account in Brazil. And just to be sure, you should identify the account with an email address located in Brazil.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: How can I transfer my account from Brazil?

Jump to solution
This question has come up before and Roku has never reported a way to transfer an account. All you can do is create a NEW account in your new location and link your Roku to that.

Do a factory reset on your Roku and set it up all over again. When you go to the website for linking be sure you are connected to the internet via an IP located in Brazil (not via a VPN with its server elsewhere) and set yourself up a new Roku account in Brazil. And just to be sure, you should identify the account with an email address located in Brazil.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos