Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericsblank
Level 8

Horrific Customer Support for Billing Errors

Jump to solution

What is going on with ROKU billing customer support?  I tried to cancel HBO and Cinemax and then sign up for just HBO.  They ended up double billing me.  OK, stuff happens.  It took about 5 e-mails of them blaming me before they finally issued me a refund. But it doesn't end there.

When they refunded me the partial charge, they CANCELLED HBO without my authorization.  Why I have no idea.  But when I restarted HBO they charged me for the full month, even though I had already paid for the full month.  Again, I was DOUBLE charged.  So they made it worse.

Granted, this was usual and complicated.  But OMG!  It took a total of THREE tickets and close to TEN separate e-mails to finally get someone to actually READ my message, research the problem, and issue me a refund (still waiting for the money).  Are they given a commission for rejecting refunds?  I literally had to keep trying to reach the right person who would do the research and give me my money back.  The rest just provided form messages which showed they had not even read my messages.

Is there anyone I can complain too?  I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one out there having to take this abuse.  It was only for a total of about $15, but still being overcharged is being overcharged, and I shouldn't have to put this much effort into getting back what is rightfully mine.  Something in their billing customer service is severely broken here!:-(

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Horrific Customer Support for Billing Errors

Jump to solution

@ericsblank 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ericsblank 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ericsblank
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny, thanks for the concern.  But did you actually read my post??  I've been dealing with those people all along!  That's why I'm posting my frustration here.  I'm still waiting for my refund.  It's been 3 weeks, 3 tickets with those people, and over a dozen e-mails. 

Do they pay you to tell people to do what they've already been doing for weeks??

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@ericsblank 

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
schester30
Level 7

Jump to solution

I ended my HBO trial on 6/4/20 as shown on Roku. Today I'll look and I've been charged for HBO 1499 for trial that I ended on 6-4 because I was originally supposed to be charged on 654 it and now I'm arguing back and forth with these people as they telling me that it's my mistake no it's not my mistake if I canceled it on 64 and you're charging me on 6th 6:15 for something that was canceled almost two weeks ago. these people are ridiculous and I'm getting sick and tired of being charged with stuff that I'm not even authorizing. They make it seem like they make no mistakes on their you made one today and you need to fix it. so I understand exactly what you're going through because I'm going through it for the 15th or 20th time with these people and I'm just about done with them. The worst customer service I have ever dealt with especially when the customer supposed to be always right know they're always right when they're really wrong.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@schester30 

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ericsblank
Level 8

Jump to solution

I think it's pretty clear that this "Danny" doesn't read these posts.  He just posts form letters.  He's probably not even human.  This is so pathetic!!

ericsblank
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just received an e-mail that my refund was processed.  Thank you!  But these morons then cancelled HBO even though I specifically asked them not too.  Why do they keep cancelling HBO and/or overcharging me?!?  This is getting ridiculous.  I wrote to them, but they are such idiots I'm sure they're going to screw it up again.  Ugh!!

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 13

Jump to solution

Suggestion:. How about signing up & maintaiing your paid subscription channel/apps directly through the app itself or website.  

During this very strange time, companies like Roku are struggling to adapt to assisting a growing customer base with far fewer people.  

Most likely, the app you pay for has it's own customer call center, direct payment access, and concentrates only on their own app(s) and issues.  I contact Roku for it's  and other physical device  related  Roku issues.  I contact my app(s) for issues related to them or pay for the subscription directly to them.  

Works just fine for me during the several years I use their products.

0 Kudos
rlc3854
Level 7

Jump to solution

This does not work, no one answers emails or answer telephone calls. Everything sends you back to signing into your Roku account. Well if the email account no longer works and can not be retrieved I guess you just keep getting billed. I have factory reset the device, had my credit card company dispute the charge and reimbursed my account. Only problem is the account has been billed twice again. Is there no stopping this?

0 Kudos
Chyril1953
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've tried weeks of emails and they're still charging me.. This is unacceptable.. No phone support.. How does a business run with no human support system.?   Fed up.. 

0 Kudos