Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Help with resetting password

Jump to solution

OK, after spending over 2 hours, here is my problem!  I have set up a Roku account and ROKU charges my credit card for Roku and Hallmark Now movie channel on Roku.

I had to cancel my credit card and now I am getting a new one.  I tried to go into my ROKU account so I could add a different payment card, but I can't get in.  Every time I try to re-set my password I do not receive an email to reset my password!  I can't talk to anyone, and the ROKU customer support page is very User unfriendly!!  Can anyone help me????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Help with resetting password

Jump to solution

@Gillettegal 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Jump to solution

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties, and I really hate when people get tricked into adding a credit card when signing up with a Roku account when it is not necessary. You absolutely do not have to add a card when you create a Roku account or to use the Roku you purchased, however Roku likes to make people think that you have to add a card by bringing up a page to enter card information during the account creation process.

When the page comes up to enter the card info just close the tab, then enter https://my.roku.com/account into your browser and it will take you back to your account page where you can link your Roku devices. Roku really needs to make an option to skip adding a card when you sign up with a Roku account because it confuses people by making them think they must enter a card in order to complete the setup and use their Roku. There is no "Skip" option on the card information page to move forward without entering a card, and that is very deceitful in my opinion..

Another thing that is ridiculous is that Roku continually signs you out of your account, even if you check the box "Remember me" when you login it never does, so that option is useless and because of this it looks like you are locked out of your account because you don't remember your password. Make sure you you are checking the correct email address that you entered when creating your Roku account, otherwise you could be checking the wrong inbox if you have multiple email accounts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Gillettegal 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For account related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos