Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Has my Roku Ultra been hacked or hijacked?

Jump to solution

I have bee using Roku for over 3 years without incident.

Two days ago I tried to install the streaming channel Hoopla.

It would not allow it; advising that my PIN was incorrect.

Went online to Roku.com and determined that my existing pin was in fact correct.

After two days of useless responses from Roku support I started to investigate on my own; I currently am subscribed to Acorn and have been for over 3 years and still watch it,

A few months ago I started a subscription to Britbox through Roku and use them a

both frequently. As part of trying to subscribe to Hoopla I investigated my settings in my Roku Ultra and I discovered that my account name there is some other email and not my email as it appears in Roku.com. Upon further investigation Roku.com shows I currently have no streaming subscriptions and my last subscription to Acorn expired in August 2019. No charges have appeared for any subscriptions for the last several months on my registered credit card for the last several months.

Roku support advised me to contact my CC bank to advise that I have been hacked but no charges are being made to my card and I still use the streaming services.

Support will not move this situation up the supervisory chain and will not let me speak to a supervisor. I am thinking of canceling my Roku, waiting a week and starting a new account all over again. Any ideas what I can do to straighten this mess out?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Barry T

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Has my Roku Ultra been hacked or hijacked?

Jump to solution

@bltblt 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will reach out and are able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Has my Roku Ultra been hacked or hijacked?

Jump to solution

@bltblt 

Thanks for the information.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will reach out and are able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos