Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBOmax subscription not showing up to cancel?

@zseibert wrote:

... my subscription had been resumed through Roku Pay. I have been trying to get to the bottom of this for a while but I will resolve this with my financial institution.

If you go to your Roku Subscriptions page and nothing is there, it's a good bet that it's not Roku doing the billing. Again, @Alex-Roku would be able to help with that.

What many don't realize is that scammers/thieves can submit anything in the description of a payment card charge. They can put Roku in the description, but that doesn't mean it's Roku doing the charge. The field is simply free text that the Merchant supplies, and can contain any text. The financial institution doesn't fill that out, the Merchant does, which the Processor simply passes along if it meets certain criteria. (Truth is not a criterion, by the way; the Processor has no way of knowing.) Your bank would have to dig behind the scenes to find out which Merchant actually submitted the charge. And more than likely, the bank isn't the Processor (few are), meaning it's not a quick and easy process.

Now, it could be a simple hiccup with Roku, but if they never had the number of the card being charged, it's a safe bet it's not Roku. And that leaves identity theft.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

ktjoh-8

@Duckpal99 I am having the same issue where I cannot unsubscribe from HBO max via my Roku or the HBO max website, and it keeps saying it’s Roku pay, but my Roku pay doesn’t say I have it as a subscription. I am continuing to get billed for it though. Please let me know what I can do. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ktjoh-8,

Thanks for reaching out. 

For account & billing concerns, it may be more effective to get help from our Billing team. You can contact them here, then choose 'Account, payments & subscription'. They are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos