Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamccane11

HBO accounts switching from different roku account s

My sisters friend signed her HBO max account into my parents living room tv under their roku account. On a completely different tv and different roku stick I have my own hbo max account and somehow my sisters friends HBO account showed up on my tv and got rid of my hbo account ?? Any ideas 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: HBO accounts switching from different roku account s

If Roku devices share the same Roku account the HBO max channel will sync to all the devices. Just log in and log in and switch the account by logging out. Here is helpful link

https://streamersworld.com/roku-how-to-sign-out-of-hbo-max/#Signing_Out_of_HBO_Max_from_the_Channel

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HBO accounts switching from different roku account s

@Jamccane11-

I don't have HBO so I'm flying blind on this, but ...

There should be somewhere within the HBO app where you can log out of the current HBO account. Look for it under something labeled "Settings", "Account", "Options", or similar, or maybe just an icon looking like a gear or a head profile.

Once logged out, then you should be able to log back in, this time using your own account login parameters.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos