Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

HBO Max added with random account!??

This is insane. HBO max appeared on my Roku with some random person's account connected that I do not know. Like some other person's email and profiles. And it works.. like I can watch shows on it. I didnt install this. How the heck....

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 21

Re: HBO Max added with random account!??

What is the email address that shows under Settings->System->About?  Perhaps your Roku is linked to someone else's account.

0 Kudos
Level 8

when i connect to my Roku account on the web, only my actual roku devices show up. is it possible for someone to connect to a physical roku device without being in the same room as it? Literally no one has been in my house since HBO max launched. Its so friggin weird. a bit creepy. I figured out whose account it was by the email address in the app settings. the dude lives in another state. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

It shouldn't be possible.  Even if someone could control your Roku remotely it would be very difficult to choose a channel to add to your account.  It seems more likely that it was added online using your login, but even that doesn't make any sense if there's no strange devices linked to your Roku account.  Why would someone log into your account and add a random channel?  Maybe @RokuDanny-R has some ideas.

Have you tried removing the channel to see if it comes back?  Or maybe you'd just like to keep using it for free?  :-)  I'd definitely be keeping an eye on the account associated with the payment method used for the Roku account.

0 Kudos
Level 7

OK this happened to me too!!

I just opened up the hbomax app on my hulu for the first time and two profiles for a Daniel and Danielle appeared.. I do not know anyone by that name and this roku has been only mine for years and is just used on my tv in my room!!

Im seriously so confused.. 

Level 7

Same here!!! Open HBO Max. Select the primary (first) account. Go to account and check the email address. Sign out if it's not yours. Then reconnect to the correct account.

0 Kudos
Level 21

Someone from Roku really needs to look into this.  @RokuDanny-R ?

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with HBO Max being signed into another user's account, can you please verify that you are using your Roku account by checking the email address in Settings > System > About?

In addition, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

In the meantime, have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
Level 7

Re: HBO max account not mine

Hello. I am going through a similar issue to the original poster but with HBO Max on a Roku TV that is not my own.

The link you provided leads to a dead end for someone who does not have the account login information. Is there a way to directly contact Roku Pay or Billing?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Level 7

Ditto.

Hbo max logged in [personal information removed]...not my account

This is on roku ultra. No issues with amazon fire stick.  Sounds like roku got hacked.

0 Kudos