Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLS8
Level 7

*HACKED* AND NO ONE WILL HELP!!

Jump to solution

Last night I checked my balance on my school debit card and it was unusually low. After checking the transactions for past 90 days I noticed that I was being billed for a CBS subscription AND an HBO subscription which I did not authorize. I got onto my Roku and went into the CBS channel. Upon clicking on account settings there was a name, "Steve d" with an email address "s*****r@sbcglobal.net". I have no idea who this. I have the security measures all in place: no guests without permission, 4-digit pin set up if any purchases made, I changed my password recently...." I called customer support for my school debit card (the card for which my financial aid is put on) and they told me I was to take it to Roku. So I did. And what did they say? I needed to take this to the bank. Ummm, NO. This is Roku;s fault! It's their screwed up policies that allowed this to happen and now they won't make it right. If you google "Roku hacked" the results are endless, story after story of hacked accounts and customer support won;t do anything. In total, I was hacked about $150 worth. It may not seem like much but that's the cost's of this terms course materials. This is messed up.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: *HACKED* AND NO ONE WILL HELP!!

Jump to solution

@MLS8 

Thanks for the post.

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: *HACKED* AND NO ONE WILL HELP!!

Jump to solution

@MLS8 

Thanks for the post.

Please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos