Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Get error every time I try to order a premium subscription channel

I have a tcl 55" 4k ultra roku tv,have already registered it and have an account. I try to order a premium subscription channel and it won't let me. It says I need a  streaming device. What the heck isn't my roku tv that?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Get error every time I try to order a premium subscription channel

@reimj927 Thanks for reaching out here. I took a look at the Roku account you're using to access the Community, and I do not see any Roku devices linked to your account. Have you linked your TV to your Roku account after setting up the account? 

On the TV, go into Settings>System>About. What email address do you see listed there? Doe sit match the email address you used to set up your Roku account? 

You might try performing a factory reset on the TV from Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset. Then, go through the setup process to link the TV to your Roku account once more. Make sure to log into your Roku account at my.roku.com and try updating your payment method. Then, you should be able to return to your TV and subscribe successfully. 

Please let us know if you need additional help from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos