Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jckinnick
Level 7

Gave my roku away how is it too late to unlink it

I gave my Roku to a now ex girlfriend, If I unlink my device will it reset everything to factory, I do not want to share any of my channels anymore. I thought this would be easier than going through all the channels and changing the password. 

Unlinking the device from your account should also do the trick, but the factory reset is the preferred option, if possible.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Gave my roku away how is it too late to unlink it

Perform a factory reset.  It will require you to sign up for a new Roku account.

Unlinking the device from your account should also do the trick, but the factory reset is the preferred option, if possible.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
jckinnick
Level 7

I don't have access to it anymore to perform a factory reset. 
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Go to https://my.roku.com.  Login to your account.  You'll find, under "My Linked Devices" everything linked to your account.  Just delete the particular one.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
jckinnick
Level 7

Im not really sure which device it is in my account I have 3 is there a way to look at the others to distinguish which one it is? 
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

On each of the devices you still have and from the Main Menu, go to Settings > System > About.

See the Serial Number? Match that to the serial numbers on the My Account page. Take the time to name each one. It doesn't have to be fancy. "Living Room" "Bedroom" "JC's" "Guest Room" Whatever helps you identify which is which.

When you're done with the ones you still have, the one that isn't named? There you go. Unlink it.

With names in place, if you ever loan or give away a Roku, you can easily remove it from your account, making it easier for the new owner to set up a Roku for himself.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos