Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millerstreet
Level 7

Frndly TV is NOT friendly

Jump to solution

Why can't I upgrade the frndly subscription on my plan?  On their website the option is there but will not let me select the subscription type (and when I cancelled it last month it still $%^&*ing billed me again.  I hate this $#!%!

Also on the roku site I can't upgrade the subscription as this link says I can:  https://frndlytv.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/48000601645-how-can-i-upgrade-or-downgrade...

Seriously?  I want to cancel this entire thing, feed my roku sticks to the fireplace and get another brand.  GET IT?  FIX YOUR **bleep**!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Frndly TV is NOT friendly

Jump to solution

@millerstreet 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For clarification, how are you subscribed to Frndly TV? Are you subscribed through Roku Pay, or are you subscribed through the channel provider directly.

If you are subscribed through Roku Pay, you will not be able to access any subscription/subscription plans through the Frndly TV website, as you not subscribed through the channel provider directly.

However, if you are subscribed through the channel provider directly and are still experiencing issues upgrading your subscription, you will need to contact Frndly TV Support as they would best be able to assist you with your account. You can reach them here: https://frndlytv.freshdesk.com/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Strega
Level 15

Jump to solution

I don't know anything about "Frndly TV" but if you don't like them. Try some other channels. I just read a post from a guy who has 300 channels on his Roku.  I guess I need to explore more too!

As for your billing issue with Frndly, sometimes when you cancel "last month" you do get another bill depending on where you were in the billing cycle.  Hopefully it ends after that.  In any case, I think Roku is just a device that you are using to view them.  Don't break your TV just because you're mad at someone on the TV!  It feels good for a second or two but then you realize that you've broken your TV and the guy you're mad at doesn’t even know it!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yeah, your anger is misdirected.  It clearly shows that Roku really isn't involved in any way.  Roku didn't create the channel/app, so if it's not working properly then there's nothing Roku can do about it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@millerstreet 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For clarification, how are you subscribed to Frndly TV? Are you subscribed through Roku Pay, or are you subscribed through the channel provider directly.

If you are subscribed through Roku Pay, you will not be able to access any subscription/subscription plans through the Frndly TV website, as you not subscribed through the channel provider directly.

However, if you are subscribed through the channel provider directly and are still experiencing issues upgrading your subscription, you will need to contact Frndly TV Support as they would best be able to assist you with your account. You can reach them here: https://frndlytv.freshdesk.com/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Us331242
Level 7

Jump to solution

OMG!  Nobody seems to understand!  I have the same issue!  I signed up for the 7 day trial at a lower subscription option through Roku and there is no option to now upgrade it to the premium.  Even if I click Cancel through Roku’s subscriptions and go directly to Frndly it says the subscription is not available because it is through Roku.  If I go back to Roku and add it, it no longer gives me the option for the plan, it automatically uses the same option.  Roku needs to have a button called “upgrade” or “change subscription” and not just “cancel”.  So I animatedly disagree, this is a Roku issue!  Either they need to release the subscription when I hit cancel, allow for an upgrade, or allow the subscription to be reset so I can start my selection over!  It shouldn’t be this tough to pay companies more money!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Us331242 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend cancelling your current subscription to the channel and then subscribing to the appropriate plan that you wish to subscribe to.

In general, we highly recommend reviewing the terms for any trial, prior to signing up. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Barney2
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny, are you saying there is no way to upgrade my FrndlyTV plan whether I ordered it through Roku or FrndlyTV? If not, why is there an option to “change plan” on the channel which fails and then told to go to myroku.com to change it - only there to ‘cancel”? And are you saying to cancel then order again for the plan I want?  Is it best to do it through Roku or FrndlyTV to overcome this “unfriendly” situation. I’m not sure if the problem is Roku or FrndlyTV! I would hope, with the other questions and complaints in the past, that this situation could be handled in a better manner.

Hoping to get this resolved,

Betsy

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

So why the Roku hate if one of the services that offers an app on Roku (and on Amazon Fire TV, and on Apple TV, and on Android/Google TV) has problems?

Are you thinking Roku built the app? They didn't. Google didn't build the Android/Google TV app, Apple didn't build the Apple TV app, and Amazon didn't build the Amazon Fire TV app. 

Since the link you provided is for Frndly.TV's billing process, consider contacting them.

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos