Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega
Level 17

Re: Fraudulent Charges

Jump to solution

Did you login to roku.com and if so, was it listed as a subscription?

0 Kudos
Mick1313
Level 8

Jump to solution

Definitely call/message them! 
Only because sometimes emails like that can be potential phishing scams. But if it’s legitimate and they are trying to charge you for something you didn’t order, just keep going back and forth with them about it. It’ll be frustrating but it’ll work out.

0 Kudos
smb1942
Level 7

Jump to solution

yes, it was listed as a subscription.  i was just now able to cancel it.  Earlier, I also had been subscribed w/o my knowledge to Hulu which i also just now cancelled as I couldn't figure out how to do it before.  what a rip-off.  I just emailed roku support to learn how i can permanently prevent any future subscriptions w/o my knowledge.  

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 17

Jump to solution

For starters set up a PIN.  (In fact that might be the only way, besides having no method of payment on your account.)

For the latter, if you're setting up a new Roku and are are sure you only want to watch free/commercial stuff, set up your roku account at:

https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc

and then it won't even ask for a payment method.

On other hand, I've had rokus for years without PINs and there have been no unexpected charges so far (but there are no children in this household which is probably how a lot of this happens.)

0 Kudos
TheMaximus
Level 7

30-day Free Trial for Discovery+ not provided

Jump to solution

Hey Roku Dan, your suggestion doesn't work because when I try to contact support, it says my device - purchased in September 2021 - has no support available.  

I was promised 30-day free trial of Discovery+ with purchase and this was not provided.  In Roku, it's only their standard 7-day trial Discovery+ offers on its website and everywhere else.  I contacted Discovery+ - which actually has customer support - and they said to contact Roku - which is impossible - because it was a Roku promo.

0 Kudos