Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Free HDMI Extender - problem requesting an extender

@fredfar 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using the serial number of the Roku device that you see in Settings > System > About?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

yes I have just tried that again and it says "The serial number submitted is incorrect. The serial number can be located on the back of your Roku Streaming Stick." of which I have tried that one as well and still dont work??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

its the same serial number thats showing as linked to my Roku account online.  I have typed in and also tried copy and paste and get same error message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Is being "free" one of the reasons why you are putting up with glitchy/buggy order webpages?  Or is unawareness of other alternatives to getting a Male to Female Extender other than Roku.

If I were you (and I have been in your place) I would buy one from an online or even offline retailer.   I have bought them at Wal-Mart, Amazon, and other places.  They all have been under $10.00 (depending on cord length).  I keep a few on hand in my toolbox.  You never know when one-or even more of them-is needed by you or someone else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

HDMI Extender cannot order

Hi. I have set up my Roku + HD stick, but the tv I need it for requires an extender. Every time I input my details in the form it resets & says they are not available?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: HDMI Extender cannot order

Yeah, I've heard they've been out of stock for a while. Personally, I'd order one from Amazon instead. The one that Roku offers is very short, and I prefer a longer cable to move the Stick further away from the TV. Better for cooling and allows reaching a power outlet easier. 

This one is $7.50 for 6 foot, and they come in different lengths. Note that this one is only rated at 10 Gbps, so not sufficient for 4K. You need one certified for 18 Gbps for 4K/HDR.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Not sure how to underscore the problem with ordering the free HDMI extender.  My serial number is accepted but over the last few days I've tried to order and get the message, "We're sorry. We are unable to process your order at this moment. Please try again."  Can we be provided with an update?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having problems ordering my free HDMI extender too. I have been trying for 2 weeks now. I fill the form in then a message comes up that can’t process at the moment. Try again later. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Gary_1 @DLF 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos