Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VJV
Level 7

Free HDMI Extender - problem requesting an extender

Hi, 

I recently bought two Roku Streaming Sticks. I need the HDMI extender for both to be able to plug them into my TVs. I tried requesting the free HDMI extenders on https://my.roku.com/hdmi. However, every time I get a message that my serial numbers (for both units) are wrong. It is the number on the back of the Roku stick, clearly marked SN. I retyped it so many times, at the end I activated one of the units on my computer screen, registered the unit, and copied the serial number from the My Linked Devices page on my Roku account, and pasted it in the HDMI extender page and I yet again got the same message that my serial number is incorrect.  

Any help/advise would be very appreciated. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Free HDMI Extender - problem requesting an extender

"VJV" wrote:
Hi, 

I recently bought two Roku Streaming Sticks. I need the HDMI extender for both to be able to plug them into my TVs. I tried requesting the free HDMI extenders on https://my.roku.com/hdmi. However, every time I get a message that my serial numbers (for both units) are wrong. It is the number on the back of the Roku stick, clearly marked SN. I retyped it so many times, at the end I activated one of the units on my computer screen, registered the unit, and copied the serial number from the My Linked Devices page on my Roku account, and pasted it in the HDMI extender page and I yet again got the same message that my serial number is incorrect.  

Any help/advise would be very appreciated. 

"I recently bought two Roku Streaming Sticks"

Are these the new products?  What model numbers?  I have a meeting tomorrow morning, and can ask and/or elevate it to those who need to know.  Fairly certain that the option is still on the table, regardless of old or new product (although I think our new products alleviate this issue).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
nocable
Level 7

Re: Why I use an HDMI Extender with my 3600R

The reason I am using an HDMI extender is that I had my Roku 3600R plugged in the back of my Sony Receiver. It was plugged into the HDMI port that was next to the HDMI port that was used to send all HDMI to the TV. The problem was that the 3600 was making contact with the HDMI cable next to it. The 3600 is "hot" and I didn't want that much "heat" touching that HDMI cable to the TV. So, using an HDMI extender moved the 3600 up and away from the HDMI cable next to it. Plus, by moving the 3600 upward, over the edge of the receiver, I get better remote response!!
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Ultra & 3600
SPECTRUM - 100/10 Mbps

Favorite Roku Channels:
WEATHER4US
PLUTO TV
YOU TUBE
PLUTO TV
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Free HDMI Extender - problem requesting an extender