Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mndalesroom
Level 7

Free HDMI Cable Site Issue

Recently decided to purchase an Stick + for another TV.  Of course it turns out that I need the free HDMI extender cable.  Went to the my.roku.com/hdmi site to request one but it refuses to recognize the serial number.  I don't want to say how many times I tried.  Is this a known issue?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Markmilleru2
Level 7

Re: Free HDMI Cable Site Issue

"mndalesroom" wrote:
Recently decided to purchase an Stick for another TV.  Of course it turns out that I need the free HDMI extender cable.  Went to the my.roku.com/hdmi site to request one but it refuses to recognize the serial number. best washing machine in india[/url:1mal9v6t] I don't want to say how many times I tried.  Is this a ...

Roku site admin I am also facing this issue please help us
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"mndalesroom" wrote:
Recently decided to purchase an Stick + for another TV.  Of course it turns out that I need the free HDMI extender cable.  Went to the my.roku.com/hdmi site to request one but it refuses to recognize the serial number.  I don't want to say how many times I tried.  Is this a known issue?

Are you using the Device ID from the side of the box? Or are you using the Serial Number from Settings > System > About ?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
spikedavis
Level 7

I have the same exact issue, and I have tried 3 units, using both the serial number and Device ID.  All return the "invalid serial number" error.  HELP!  All I want is a silly little HDMI extender.....
0 Kudos

I just bought the Streaming Stick + and need the HDMI extender.  I am having this same issue...not recognizing the serial number.  How can I get an HDMI extender?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Please post or PM contact information, as well as the serial number/device ID (Settings > System > About).

Thanks.

*Edit* the DeviceID may be very important in the equation.  If you're having an issue with that as well, please let me know.  Also, remember any O's you see are actually 0's (zeroes).
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
lachrimae72
Level 7

I have the same issue!  The device ID and the serial number are exactly the same.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Just looked at my Ultra, and the device ID and serial number are not identical. The last 6 digits are the same, but everything before that differs in the two numbers. I have my doubts yours are the same. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
laurenfisher
Level 7

I am having the same issue! It won't accept the SN, which is the same as the Device ID on my streaming stick +

Has this been resolved? If so, how do we get the site to accept the serial number?

TIA!
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"laurenfisher" wrote:
I am having the same issue! It won't accept the SN, which is the same as the Device ID on my streaming stick +

Has this been resolved? If so, how do we get the site to accept the serial number?

TIA!

Nope, they aren't the same. The last few characters of the Serial Number and Device ID are probably the same, but the entire Serial Number is NOT the same as the entire Device ID. The Serial Number should be printed on the device itself. It's also listed on System Info screen from the Roku device:

• Settings > System > About

Version 8.x lists the Serial Number. Version 9.x lists both the Serial Number and the Device ID.

And, from https://my.roku.com/ you can find the Serial Numbers of devices tied to your account. 

If you still have the box it came in, the Device ID is printed on the label.

Aggravating, I know. They make the Serial Number easy to find, and the Device ID hard to find. Unless you keep the box. Or write it down somewhere.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos