Accounts, Billing, & Orders

Assistance with managing your Roku account on device or on the web, logging into my.roku.com, billing or subscription questions, www.roku.com orders, promotions, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fraudalert
Level 7

Fraud alert - Baby TV and Baby tv first are fraudulently charging subscriptions on my credit card

Jump to solution

Fraud alert - Baby TV and Baby first are fraudulently charging subscriptions on my credit card and Roku will not allow me to cancel them until they charge an annual subscription and Roku will not refund. Be careful and remove your credit cards or Roku will charge unwanted subscriptions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Fraud alert - Baby TV and Baby tv first are fraudulently charging subscriptions on my credit car

Jump to solution

@Fraudalert 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
boogernose
Level 18

Re: Fraud alert - Baby TV and Baby tv first are fraudulently charging subscriptions on my credit car

Jump to solution

You mustve subscribed at some point I assume.

Its easy enough to cancel a card you get a new one in like 2-3 days.

Thats who you should speak with.

Did you contact Roku Support???

Tomorrow you should talk to @RokuDanny-R 

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Fraudalert 

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AndrewBlackman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for the advice - I know exactly how to hand fraudulently charged service cost for unauthorized vendor charges... [post edited]

I too had my stepson steal my credit card information while I was sleeping along with four blank checks. I didn't know about the charges he made on my credit card until I got a balance alert from my credit card company. Here is the craziest part - Roku allowed my stepson to establish an account in HIS name using a credit card with MY name... Two totally different names; how could Roku have been that absolutely stupid: they want the money and couldn't care less what laws they break or hows money they are in "accessory to the fact" with!?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I think you're going way too far there.  There's probably numerous accounts setup for a child using the parents' credit card.  I highly doubt this breaks any laws.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
AndrewBlackman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Set up by the parent for the child. Quite possibly in the parent's names to monitor and censor their childs programs. 

0 Kudos
AndrewBlackman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Worst of all, it takes an act of God to deactivate and cancel an account. Customer service is absolutely NONE! I'm chatting with you when I should be conversing with a Customer Service Representative to resolve this mess up! But there is nobody there to help resolve and correct this error!? WHY?

Andrew Blackman

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I don't disagree with you, but I think (my opinion only) that the reason Roku has no customer service is because they don't need it.  Have you seen their stock price?  That's probably all that matters any more.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@AndrewBlackman 

Thanks for the posts.

I have replied to your PM and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos